Chapter 1:Echo's Whisper

Angel Of Music

By: Hannah Lancaster

Chapter 1: Echo's Whisper

I am your Angel Of Music! Come to me, Angel Of Music...

My eyes snapped open, and I snapped straight up, nearly falling out of my seat. My breathing was heavy, and I felt that my face was in a cool sweat.

The passenger in the seat next to me glared at me grumpily before shifting onto their side facing away from me, and settling back into sleep.

I looked around, slightly disoriented for a moment.

In sleep he sang to me, In dreams he came...”

I looked at the mini television on the back of the seat in front of me, and watched as Christine followed the Phantom down to his lair.

That voice that calls to me and speaks my name...”

The inflight movie they were showing was Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera, and I must have fallen asleep during the opening credits. The Phantom's voice must have been what had woken me up through my earphones.

Sing once again with me, our strange duet. My power over you grows stronger yet...”

Man, Gerard Butler's voice sends chills down my spine, I thought to myself. I'd let him have power over me any day.

I laid back in my seat, and felt my eyes shut again, wary from the long flight.

Those who have seen your face, draw back in fear...”

I am the mask you wear....” I sang quietly to myself as I drifted back into sleep.

It's me they hear....”

“Christine!”I heard the most melody filled voice call out.

I looked back, and saw him.

The mask covering the right side of his face gleamed white in the darkness. The left side of his face was beautiful and flawlessly perfect. The red lips turned up in a crooked smile when he saw me, his green eyes holding a special sparkle just for me. He was dressed all in black except his white poet shirt. It was open to the middle of his chest. He was wearing a black cape, black pants and black shoes.

The Opera Ghost. The Phantom. My...Phantom

He held out his gloved hand for me, and I stepped forward and took it without thinking.

“My Angel,” he said, his voice sending frissons of pleasure through my body. “You have returned to me at last.”

He took me into his arms, and dipped his head to kiss me....

I felt a hand shake my shoulder, and I blinked my eyes open, slightly disoriented. I looked forward and the movie screen was black so must have missed the rest of it. Shit, I missed The Point of No Return, my favorite scene in the entire movie. The sexual tension.... goodness!

I pulled my ear phones out as I felt the tap on my shoulder, and looked up into the face of a titan haired flight attendant. She smiled at me, her teeth white and even.

“We are unloading the passengers, sweetheart,” she said. “So unless you want to go back to the United States, I think you should get up.”

I looked around and noticed that almost all the passengers were gone. I smiled up at her sheepishly.