Day 3: Fallout

- Ray Del's Perspective-

"You sure to want to try that right now?" I ask Hans. He wants to try and practice with his weapon, but his leg is still trying to heal.

     "Of course." He says. "Can't go into a fight too scared to hurt something. Isn't that right, Shakeya?"

     "Yeah." She says.

     "Danke." He says, probably in German,  before and slashing at a target. His leg looks good enough, so I leave him alone and walk to Dennis.

     "Well, you think they'll need meds?" He asks.

"Hans, no. Shakeya, however; probably." I say. She was cut up pretty bad in yesterday's battle.

"Well, what do we do now?" Fleta asks, sitting next to us.

"We're going to have to prepare for another attack, right?" I say. "I mean, Benny got away and he has an airstrike launcher."

- Rana Massie's Perspective-

"Me neither. I hate killing little girls." Willow says. "How about we put down the weapons?"

"Ok." I say, sheathing my knife. She does the same with hers, and puts her hands up. I don't entirely trust her yet, but at least she isn't charging me with a blade.

     "Don't know if you should come back to base or not." She says. "Riko isn't too comfortable around other tributes."

     "It'll be ok." I say.

     "If you say so." She says, walking down the stairs.

- Riko Diaz's Perspective-

     I see Willow walk into our building. There's someone behind her. Following her.

     "Willow! Behind you!" I say, jumping up and reaching for my knife.

     "Calm down." She says. "She's with us."

     "Who is it?" I say, slowly steadying my voice.

     "Girl from 12." She says. "Rana."

     "Why?" I ask.

     "She could help us, and besides. I'm not a fan of massacring anyone I see." She says.

     "That's great and all," I begin, pointing to Rana. "But how do I know we can trust you?"

     "What reason do I have to hurt either of you?" She asks.

     "You're another tribute in the Hunger Games..." I say, raising my eyebrows, and dropping my head slightly.

"Ok." She says. "I'm a peaceful person. I'd never want someone to die by my hands."

"Ok... why?" I ask, leading her on.

"That's how my dad died." She says slowly, swallowing.

"O- oh." I say, biting my lip and crossing my arms. Now I feel like sh!t for asking. Good job, Riko. Good job. You made youself seem like an as$hole. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

"It's ok. I get it." She says. "Trust no one."

"From what I've heard, she's a good trapper, hunter, and climber." Willow says.

"Sounds good." I say. "That's always useful."

"I guess I can say it now." Willow says. "Welcome to the team."

- Benny Flint's Perspective-

I pull out a map. It seems like there's a city to the south, mountains in between, and a desert to the east. Or I could just stay in the forest.

I've decided. I'll stick by myself. No allies needed. Who wants the chance to get backstabbed?

- Maxim Bosäkk's Perspective-

It dawns on me that it's a 5v1. I should probably get out, considering my difficulty with 1 skilled fighter. They have many. Maybe I can pick one off from a distance. Who knows.

Then, I hear the loudspeaker come on, echoing in the arena's field.

Tributes, arena events are fun, right? Well, maybe fun to watch. Storms are coming tonight. Not ordinary storms. Have fun!

CAPITOL ANNOUNCEMENT

So, the tributes don't know this, but acid rain is going to be moving in from the north. Forest in day 3 evening, mountain, plains, and desert in day 3 night, and city in day 3 midnight. You better hope they have some cover. If not, you can send them this advice (and the whole alliance) for 1 credit. Only one that should worry is Benny Flint. xxXR3DBOSSXxx