six

**a week later**

"Raeanna and Rocky! Come in the kitchen please!" Mom calls from the kitchen, interrupting Rocky and I from our all day spongebob marathon. Groaning, I get up off the couch, feeling super stiff, considering Rocky and I were probably sitting down watching tv for like 6 hours straight.

I slump my way into the kitchen, Rocky following a distance behind. I sit at one of the stools in the kitchen, dropping my head down onto the counter, waiting for mom to tell us why she interrupted our beautiful day filled with nothingness.

"I need you guys to go to the grocery store for me, since you aren't doing anything anyways." Mom tells us, and I hear Rocky sigh from behind me.

"Excuse me, but we have a busy day planned. Spongebob is very important mom." Rocky explains, and I try to hold back my laughter.

"He's right, we need to know if Mr Krabs ever ends up re hiring Spongebob at theorists Krab! Mom this is huge I don't think we'll be able to do it." I say dramatically, and mom just laughs at us, shaking her head as she wipes down the kitchen counters with a wet rag.

"You guys are ridiculous. Just go to the store, pick me up what I need, and you can come back and your spongebob will be right here waiting when you get back. Hey, why don't I throw in a little money so that you guys can pick up some menchies for yourselves on the way back too?" Mom offers, trying to lure us into going to do her errand.

"LETS GO RAE! I WANT ME SOME FRO YO!" Rocky yells excitedly, and I hop off the stool, fist pumping the air as I trail behind Rocky out of the room.

"Don't forget the grocery list! It's on the table by the door!" Mom calls after us before we put our shoes on.

"We won't!" I call back, just to reassure her. I slip on my worn out flip flops as Rocky fixes his crocs, and we head out the door to the car.

"Menchies here we come!" Rocky shouts, as he starts the engine of the car.

"Don't forget the grocery store." I remind him, and his smile turns into a playful pout.

"Grocery store here we come..." He says quieter this time, throwing a tiny fist pump into the air. I can obviously tell that Rocky LOVES the grocery store.

*******************

"Rocky we need that taco kit that mom always gets!" I call out to my brother who's up ahead, racing the cart down the aisles looking like a complete idiot. I chase after him, trying to keep up. Once I catch up, he comes to a stop and looks back at me, breathing heavily.

"Do you know what brand mom wants?" He asks me, and I just shrug.

"It doesn't say on the list... It just says 'that taco stuff'... Just pick a random one." I instruct him, unsure of which to pick.

"This one seems familiar, just throw it in the cart Rae." Rocky says, pointing to a brightly coloured box with a picture of a taco on the front. I shrug, not really caring about this, and I chuck the box into the cart.

"Buy another in case Ross gets really hungry tonight." Rocky says, reminding me of our last taco night. Laughing, I pick up another package and toss it into the cart.

"So what do we have left to get?" He asks me, as we exit this section of the grocery store.

"Lettuce, tomato, tortilla wraps, meat, sour cream and that's it. Oh wait! We need bananas too!" I list out everything mom wrote on her list, making sure I don't miss anything so that she won't send me out again.

"Let's get the vegetables first." I suggest and Rocky nods, heading over to the direction that the fruits and veggies are in.

"What first?" Rocky asks, a plastic bag in hand, ready to pick out the fresh vegetables we need for supper.

"Tomatoes." I tell him, and he starts inspecting some tomatoes, deciding weather or not they're worthy enough for us to eat. Getting bored of watching my brother pick out vegetables, I begin too look around the store, just at anything really, then suddenly I see her. Claire.

I need to go see her, and find out why she left so suddenly. I turn back over to my brother who's now moved onto looking for some lettuce.

"Rocky I'll be back! I just need to check something" I call out to him, not taking my eyes off of Claire.

"Stay safe!" He calls back, and I walk away from the cart over to the bakery where Claire is all alone.

Approaching her, I let out a light cough.

"Claire? It's Raeanna." I say from behind her, and she turns around quickly, focusing her eyes on me and letting out a small smile.

"Hey... I have to go sorry." She says suddenly, turning back around to leave but I put my hand on her shoulder, stopping her from walking any further.

"No wait. You need to answer my question." I say seriously, and she lets out a sigh.

"Go on..." She says impatiently.

"Why did you leave so suddenly at the amusement park last week?"

A/N: OHHH CLIFFHANGER! Aha not really but still... I'm loving all the positive response to the story btw, I love you all :) ~Jaime