thirteen

After several long hours of trying to escape the rath of McKenna at the concert, I was finally able to make it home and sleep. We all pile through the doorway, kicking off our shoes and spreading out amongst the house.

I start walking upstairs to go to bed, but once I reach my bedroom, Riker stops me.

"Hey Anna, so what did you think of McKenna? Isn't she the sweetest?" He asks me, obviously love struck. Of course of all people, he would be the one who wouldn't know how much of a brat she is, she would never show her true colours around him.

"Oh yeah, she's just the greatest." I laugh bitterly, trying my best not to sound like a bitch, but I mean it's hard. I'm so angry with him, but I don't want to fight.

"Raeanna, what the hell is going on with you? I thought we made up, why are you so bitter towards me again?" Riker asks seriously, putting a hand on my shoulder, but I shake it off, putting a hand on the door knob but I was stopped again.

"Raeanna please! Just talk to me, what's wrong?" He sighs, seeming frustrated.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I sigh, opening my room door and shutting it in his face. Do I feel bad? Yes of course I do, I hate being mad at him! Does he deserve it? Well yeah, because if I tell him about McKenna, he'll be too love struck to believe me.

I shut the door and groan frustratedly, flopping down onto my bed.

"Hey Rae, what's up?" Delly asks from across the room, where she's removing her makeup at her vanity. Calm down Raeanna, it's alright.

"Ugh I'm just stressed I guess, maybe I can sleep it off." I lie, but Rydel seems to fall for it so, what's the big deal? She gets up off her chair and walks over to my bed, wrapping me in a big hug.

"If you ever need to talk, I'm here okay?" She reassures me, and I hug her back tighter.

"Yeah thanks, I love you Delly." I say, pulling away from the hug.

"I love you too Rae, get some sleep." She back off my bed, and heads back to her own, turning off the light on the way.

********************

Stomping down the stairs, I barge into the kitchen where Riker's sitting on his laptop. Mom's gone to the store with Rydel, Dad's at work, and I have no idea where the rest of my brothers are I just know Riker's here and alone so I'm taking this opportunity to talk with him.

"I hate your girlfriend." I tell him bluntly, and he turns around looking shocked.

"Excuse me?" He asks, trying to act like he didn't hear what I said.

"Riker, I. Hate. Your. Girlfriend." I repeat, hoping we can just talk about this and not fight.

"Why could you ever hate her?" Rik asks me, so oblivious to how much of a bitch she is. Frustrated with him, I angrily run my fingers through my hair.

"She's so rude Riker. She's snobby, and she's only using you for her fame."I tell him the truth, the cold, utter truth. He deserves to hear it.

"Raeanna, I can't believe you would lie to me like that. If you're jealous just tell me." Riker says sympathetically, getting up from his seat at the table.

"CAN YOU JUST STOP?" I lost my patience, I can't help it. I'm just so goddamn angry. Why can't he just believe me.

"Rae, you don't need to yell, why are you so mad?" He questions me, as if it wasn't obvious.

"I'm angry because you don't believe me. McKenna is the worst person I've ever met.She has a heart of stone. I hate her Riker, she's going to do bad things to you." I explain to him, hoping he'll believe me.

"You know what you are Raeanna? You're a liar. You're a lying,bratty,spoiled bitch." Riker says word for word, anger boiling within him. Tears well in my eyes, I can't believe it. I can't believe he would ever say that to me.

"I had so much respect for you. So, so much respect. You just lost a friend Riker. You're nothing but dirt to me. I wish you never saved me from that hell hole. I wish you let that freaking kidnapper kill me!" I yell, running out of the kitchen and out the front door. Running a long,long way from home.

A/N: LOOK WHOS BACK. Idk how many of you still read this but if you do ily thanks for the support. Sorry for the hiatus, I've been going through so much these past few months, but I'm back so :)) ~Jaime