"Yeah, it's freezing out here," she said.

    They didn't take more than two steps before a voice called out to them, asking them to wait. Looking over her shoulder, she found four people making their way towards them. Jackson, Allison and Lydia stopped beside them, along with Lydia's mystery date. One look at the fourth person, the smile faded from her face and was replaced by a look of surprise and annoyance.

    "You two look great," Allison said as she looked from Hollis to Stiles.

    "So do you," Hollis said, finding her voice as the initial shock of seeing Carter wore off. She looked at Lydia questioningly but the redhead didn't notice because she was too busy staring at Jackson.

    "Jackson. You look handsome," Lydia said casually.

    "Obviously. It's Hugo Boss," Jackson replied arrogantly. He took Allison's arm and led her away from the group.

    Allison looked over her shoulder at them, seeming confused at their sudden departure. 'Sorry', she mouthed before she followed Jackson.

    Lydia fumed silently while trying to seem like it didn't bother her. She ran a hand through her perfect curls, using the gesture to hide her annoyance. "I don't care. I don't need compliments. I'm not falling prey to society's desire to turn girls into emotionally insecure neurotics who pull up their dresses at the first flattering remark," Lydia said to herself.

    "Well, I think you look great," Carter spoke up.

    Lydia seemed to forget her earlier statement and smiled widely.

    "You do, too, Hollis," Carter added.

    With a faint smile, Hollis said, "Thanks." She looked questioningly at Stiles, who seemed just as confused at the new couple.

    Carter noticed Stiles then and a trace of a smile appeared on his face. "Hey, uhh...," he trailed off.

    "Stiles," Stiles told him, helping him out.

    A smirk found it's way onto Carter's face. "Right, the Sheriff's kid. Sorry, I forgot."

    "Wait, seriously? You don't...you really...How can you not know my name?"

    Carter gave him a strained smile but stayed silent.

    "So, you two are going to the dance? Together?" She asked, keeping her tone casual.

    "Yeah," Lydia answered. "You don't mind, do you?"

    "No," Hollis replied quickly, truthfully.

    "Great. So are we going in or what?" Lydia asked.

    The four of them crossed the parking lot to the school. The amplifiers shook as they dispensed the pulsating music down the hall, drowning everyone and everything in it's hypnotic sound. They followed the music as it grew louder towards the gym, where melody met laughter and conversation.

    Hollis let her gaze wander around the room that hardly resembled their school gym. A smile lifted up the corners of her lips. The normalcy of the night melted into her, making her forget the weights that rested on her shoulders. The thoughts that had been nagging at her seemed to lock themselves back in her mind. She relaxed visibly as she let her eyes sweep across the room once more.

    "Can you believe this place?" Lydia asked with awe, giving the room a nod of approval.

    "They really went all out," Hollis said, turning towards the dance floor. She hummed along to the song quietly, although it was impossible to hear anything other than the music that poured out of the speakers. She let her gaze wander, feeling happy and content. Normal. Something she hadn't felt in a while. It almost felt foreign but, at the same time, welcoming. The feeling faded quickly though as her sight landed on Peter.