17

"Victoria, Archie's here to pick you up!" Eliza yelled to her daughter from the living room, "Get your lazy butt out of bed and get ready!"

Victoria let out a groan, finally finding the strength to get out of bed. She walked over to her dresser and got her clothes to get ready. Once doing so, she put on her letterman jacket and made her down the small hallway, into the living room where Archie stood with Eliza.

"It feels like it's been forever, Archie. It's great to see you again." Victoria heard her mother tell Archie, who had a smile on his face.

"It's great to see you again, too, Miss Munroe," Archie replied and Eliza quickly shook her head in disagreement to what the redhead had called her.

"Please, I've told you before, it's Eliza. Being called 'Miss Munroe' makes me feel like a damn teacher." She told him smiling, causing Archie to chuckle slightly before turning to see that Victoria had finally finished getting ready for school.

"That was quick, I think that's a new record," Archie commented and Victoria smiled, slinging her back strap over her shoulder.

As always, Victoria walked to Archie's back, wrapping her arms around his neck before hopping on her. They both laughed at each other while Eliza gave them a raised brow, "I swear, you two are something else."

"What, Mom?" Victoria questioned her mother, "Archie owes me a piggy bag ride after I let him copy off my biology test."

"You weren't supposed to tell anyone that!" Archie whispered shouted to her and Eliza just laughed.

"Don't worry, my lips are sealed," She assured him before looking over at her daughter, "Just remember what I always tell you, Tori..."

"Don't get caught." Victoria and Eliza both said in unison.

"Ready to go, Captain?" He asked jokingly, opening the trailer door.

"Ready as I'll ever be, Andrews." She replied with a smile before they both exited the trailer, Victoria still on Archie's back.

__________

Later on that day at school, Victoria sat in the auditorium along with some of the other Bulldogs, including Reggie and Moose, watching as numerous people they went to school with auditioned for the variety show.

Soon enough, Archie walked up onto the stage and Victoria mental crossed her fingers, hoping the absolute best for her friend.

"Archie Andrews!" Kevin, who was the director of the show, called out loudly.

Victoria noticed how Archie was nervous, he had never actually played in front of so many people. Even if she didn't play music herself, she knew that it was different than playing football with bleachers of people watching you.

"And what will you be auditioning with?" Kevin asked him curiously.

Archie stared at him for a long moment, just before he placed his hand on the microphone stand began to speak into the mic, "Uh, an original song that I wrote called 'I'll Try'." He explained and Victoria rolled her eyes when she heard some of the football played start to snicker, especially Reggie, who seemed to annoy her even more now that he was Co-Captains with her.