It's small, there's a living room inside with a plain theme of gray and blacks, it's well kept and there's one picture hanging above the couch. It's a family portrait, there's two adults, a younger version of Jay and a little girl standing next to him, and they're all smiling happily for the camera.

From behind her Jay closes and locks the door, and makes his way over to her. He looks at it once, and then stops and turns to her.

"Griffin is in my room, follow me." Jay says.

He chooses against speaking about the photo.

They go down the short hallway to the end and go inside quietly, sure enough Griffin is there sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag. His hair is a big mess, but his face is content and relaxed.

She can wake him up, and be faced with a grumpy boy or she can wait for him to wake up himself.

"I can come back for him in the morning?" Dallas asks.

"Nonsense, the couch is free if you want it?" Jay offers.

She doesn't feel tired anymore, at least not enough to sleep. Dallas doesn't really want to accept his offer, he's nice, but he's not really known well enough by her yet. So she's skeptical. There's also the fact that Griffin slept here, and probably did last night that leans towards her staying over.

They walk back to the living room, she notices that the door is close enough to just leave if she needed to.

"Thanks Jay."

"Yup. The bathroom is next to my room, the other room...just don't go in there please." He says, Dallas nods.

Jay starts for the front door, unlocking the locks and twisting the knob.

Before he can open the door Dallas stops him, "Where're you going?"

It'd be odd, to stay in someone's living space without them present.

"Gonna sit up top on the roof, I won't be able to sleep for a few more hours anyway. So why not." He shrugs. "Wanna come with?"

She jumps on the question, "Yes." If not a bit quick. Dallas straightens herself out, "Yeah I'd like that."

"Alright, come on stranger." Jay opens the door, gesturing for her to go out, his arm falls back to his side.

Dallas goes outside of the apartment, and after Jay locks the door she follows him up the stairs which lead to a ladder on the top floor that go up to the roof. The journey is silent, a welcomed silence.

The air is brisk as they walk on to the roof. The moonlight feels brighter from being closer to it, it illuminates the concrete roof beautifully and hides all the ugly cracks in it in the night. Jay goes over to the edge and sits down, letting his feet dangle over the edge as he stargazes. She goes over and takes a spot next to him.

There really wasn't much for her to think about. She knows she tried to reconnect and apologize with the CEO of Stark Industries, Dallas had even gotten through to the security guard and had made it so close but that hadn't been enough. She got to meet Hawkeye, so if anything good came from the trip it was that.

Nights were quiet, there isn't any loud cars or honking, no people arguing in the streets except for maybe a few homeless people bickering to each other.

New York seemed to never sleep, but the activity definitely does slow down in the night. With nights offering quietness, the quiet then turns the brain on and then the mind fills the peaceful silence with its thoughts.