Chapter 14

Sorry for it taking so long for an update! Been busy! If you want to comment and tell me what you think, that would be awesome! Thanks for reading! Vampress7

I finished my shower as quickly as I could, hopped out, towel dried, and was out of the bathroom in record time, hoping my love had had enough time to self adjust a little better to everything that had happened.

I opened the door and found her sitting up, wearing one of my grey silk button down's, which hung to her mid thigh, giving me an amazing view of her legs. She really was just utter perfection.

She turned to face me as she heard the door open, and gave me a huge, genuine smile. I found myself smiling back at her just because I felt like it. I was beginning to understand what true happiness was, and how complete inside she was making me feel.

"You are so beautiful, my dear," I said to break the silence that was stretching between us. It wasn't uncomfortable; I just wanted to hear her sweet voice, her melodic laughter.

"Thank you, London. You are very handsome as well," she said quietly, as a small blush painted her lovely cheeks.

"You really ought to learn to take a compliment, my love. They will never cease from me."

"I know, I know," she said quickly, and gave me a small smile. "I'm just not used to it, but I'll get there."

"I understand, my love. It pains me to hear that though." I wanted to know why someone hadn't showered her with the love that she should have been shown in her formative years. It angered me in the strangest way. I knew she deserved so much love, so much more than what she had had. She needed to be shown the immense love I felt for her.

"Come here, Briar Rose."

She got up off the bed, and slowly walked over to me.

When she was a few feet away from me, I reached out and grabbed her, and held her to me as tightly as I could. I lifted her chin up and locked my lips with hers, and after a moment felt her completely melt into me. I tried to be as gentle and as sincere with our kiss as I could, because I wanted her to feel the love I felt.

"I love you, Briar. I will always love you, and I will never, ever leave you. Please do not fret, my love, I've got you.  I want to do something for you. Is there anything you want to do? Do you want to take a tour of the palace? You've been in here since you got here." I asked her because maybe she wanted to walk around a little bit, and maybe I could show her some of the grounds.

"Yes, that would be great actually, I've been feeling a little restless being in here all the time," she said quietly. She looked up at me and smiled a little.

"Ok, let's find you something to wear and then we'll go on a tour," I said as I walked into the closet quickly. I pulled out some black sweatpants, a black wife-beater, and a black hooded sweatshirt so she wouldn't get too cold. I wanted to take her to the lake house in the back and we'd have to walk about a mile into the forest until we reached it.

"Here you go, my love. Get dressed and then we'll go," I said as I handed her the clothing. She took it from me and proceeded to unbutton the shirt she was wearing. She didn't seem to mind me being there so I admired the view as she undressed and got dressed again. She really was most magnificent. I loved this woman, already, and I couldn't deny it, nor help it. She was mine.

"I think I'm ready," she said as she looked up at me and smiled. "This is very comfortable."

"I'm glad you like it, my love. Don't fret, before we go out, we'll stop by Harris' office and drop off your clothing selections, so he can get them bought and sent here for you."