Chapter 12

Theo saw the door to the bedroom open and close quickly, and the Royal soon to be King that stood before him who had walked out of it didn't look like the sometimes arrogant and playful friend he knew and cared for, but a menacing looking predator that had just been interrupted from a mating ritual. He looked completely pissed off, actually.

I tried to tell him my apology and rational for showing up unannounced, but he didn't really look as if he was listening to me. Honestly, it had never been a problem before. I always showed up unannounced, and he never had anything going on, always willing to be my wing man if the time came for a night of partying and catting around with eager and young woman that we would drink before the night was through and be off on our separate ways to ride out the day.

Never before had he given me some half-assed excuse as to why he couldn't hang or help me with my court offences, which I really needed to have him take care of, and soon.

 I finally took a good look at him and saw that he was pretty much naked, with his sweat pants hanging off his hips bones, almost falling off, and he had an erection the size of Mount Olympus. Maybe he had already found his play thing for the night.

But that still didn't make me understand his tone, or the fact that he just blew off his best mate for some slut. I was starting to get irritated by it. I gave him one last look and took off down the hallway, not looking back at Mr. I'm too good to hang out with you, but not some stupid whore I just met and fucked and paid. Yeah, well, we'll see if I'm around next time you want someone to hang out with. Not likely, I was tired of his constant shit, his constant bad temperament and the fact that he was always willing to ditch me for a stupid dame that he wouldn't even be seeing again. I was supposed to be his friend!

Well, whatever. This was it, I was done.

Or was I?

Should I seek revenge?

Maybe that would be the better idea.

I could try and make him pay, somehow. There was always that. The deceitful thought started to weave vines in my brain and soon all sorts of plots were growing definition and shape, and all I had to do was find a few allies who would be able to plant a few strands of deceit in this 'oh so perfect' family. The Royal family of the North has not been leading this country in the right direction, and others have noticed.

There were factions, groups out there with scores of people who detested the Royals and would gladly see their reign end, and the reign of the people begin. But no one has ever had the balls to stand up and lead a revolution against them.

Maybe, until now, that is. All I needed to do was find the right people, make the right connections, and plant a few seeds, and I could get quite a lot accomplished.

Was I really ready to do all this? End the reign of the St. Blair line?

Yes, yes, I think I was. As soon as I hit the entrance to the palace, I imagined myself In my office, and in less than 2 heartbeats, I was.

I jumped into my desk chair, pulled up my address book on my computer, and started to compile a list of preliminary information. This was going to take a lot of time and effort, and I would need to get started right away to have any real chance of succeeding.

I knew the second that London had opened the door, and I felt the slight breeze that carried with him and signaled that he was now right beside me on the left side of the bed.

I opened my eyes and looked up into his. He had the most beautiful red black eyes and the way he was looking at me had me momentarily melting inside. He had almost a predatory look written in his features, but his eyes were shining with adoration, and something else I was too afraid to put a name too, but could possibly be love.