Chapter 1

I was sitting in my room, looking out the window at the rain hitting the hard dirt of our front yard. We lived in the middle of no where on some ranch. I've been here my whole life and have never left the premises. But one day i'd leave. I'd see what it's like to not be training to kill every day. Killing and training is all i've ever known.My parents say we're being trained to help people but some times I don't know.

 My room was pretty plain. All I had was a bed, a dresser full of dark colored clothes, and a window that looks over the front yard. We weren't allowed to have anything fun. Our "parents" said it would distract us from training. We're allowed to watch the news every night with our parents and can read as long as they've approved the book.

"Faye, let's go." Came my "fathers" voice from the other side of the door. I got up, walked to the door, and swung it open. I don't consider him my dad or my mother my mom. They say they gave birth to me and my four "siblings" but I don't believe them. I don't even look like them. They both have light brown hair and blue eyes. I have jet black, wavy, hair and dark green eyes. Plus, none of my facial features are the same.

We walked down stairs and into a small arena where everyone else was waiting. Josh is the oldest of us. He's eighteen has dark, bushy, brown hair and dark brown eyes. Allen and Axel are the youngest and twins. They're both fourteen and both have blonde hair and blue eyes. Allen's hair is darker and longer and Axel's eyes are a deeper blue. Tasha is the only girl besides me. She's sixteen, has curly blonde hair and light green eyes.

"We're going to go over over hand to hand combat today. Remember the paralyzation techniques I tought you." Dad said walking to stand in the center of the arena. "Faye and Josh are up first." Josh and I walked to the center of the arena and prepared to fight. When dad said to begin he immediatly swung at me but I easily ducked. Josh relied on his brute strength where as I was strong but able to move much quicker.

He kicked at me and I jumped over his leg, landing behind him. While his back was to me I stuck out two fingers and rammed them at a certain pressure point in his spine. He fell over, unable to move. "Goob job, Faye." Dad said. He grabbed Josh under his arms and drug him to the other side of the arena.

"Let's see if Tasha can take you down." Tasha came to stand in front of me. Out of all my "siblings" Tasha is the one I like the most. Me and her get along well and both hope to escape this place one day. Her and me were the same with fighting though. We were both quick but strong and relied most on being able to dodge.

She jumped at me and I quickly jumped, landing on her back. She fell to the ground with me standing on her and immediatly rolled over, knocking me to the ground. While I was down she jumped on top of me and pinned me down. She hit a pressure point in my neck and I felt myself go limp.

She stood up with a smirk on her face. I tried to get up but was completely paralyzed. Dad grabbed me and drug me over to a couch in the corner and laid me on top of it. I should be able to move again in a few minutes.

I watched as Tasha took on both Allen and Axel. She was able to get a few swings in and took down Axel but then Allen got her. She gave up before she was paralyzed. "Ok. Let's go get some breakfast and then we'll come back and continue." Dad said walking up the stairs. I was able to sit up now but could barely move my left leg.

Allen and Axel helped Josh up the stairs because he could barely walk. Tasha helped me stand up and walk up the stairs. Our mom was sitting plates of pancakes and glasses of orange juice on the table. Tasha helped me sit down then sat beside me.

We'd just begun eating when there was a knock on the door. Dad answered it to reveal a tall man in all black on the other side. "Hello, Mr. Harper. I need to talk to you and your wife." He said in a deep voice.

Dad turned back to the table, "Children, will you go in your rooms?" We all nodded, got up, and headed down the hall. Tasha followed me into my room instead of going into hers. "Who do you think that was?" She asked sitting on my bed. "I don't know." I answered sitting at the chair in front of my window.

The rain was coming down harder so now I couldn't see past our driveway. The sound of rain drops hitting the roof had alwasy put me to sleep and now wasn't any different. I rested my head on the window sill and let my eyes close.

It wasn't five minutes later that we heard a scream and gun shot. Tasha and I bolted out of our seats and ran out my door. We nearly ran into Josh, Allen, and Axel. "You guys heard it too?" I asked. They all nodded. We began to slowly walk down the hallway and toward the kitchen.

Once the kitchen came into view we saw mom on the floor with blood spilling out of her shoulder. "Mom!" Allen and Axel yelled. They began to run toward her then we saw dad tied up next to the table. "Don't!" He demanded. They stopped in their tracks.

Suddenly a large man was next to dad. He hit him across the head with the back of gun, knocking him out. Suddenly two more men jumped out and grabbed Allen and Axel. Allen jammed his elbow into one of mens stomachs.

A woman jumped in front of me with a gun raised. "Don't kill them!" The men holding Axel yelled. "Fine." The woman sighed. She put the gun away and jumped at me. I easily ducked, sending her into the wall. While she was turned I rammed my finger into her neck, causing her to go limp and fall to the ground.

I turned around and saw Josh fist fighting a man, Allen and Axel trying to get away from their captors, and Tasha was trying to get another man off of her. I ran over to Tasha, grabbed the mans neck, and pulled him off Tasha. Tasha stood up and punched him in the stomach.

"You got him?" I asked. She nodded. I dropped the man and saw another woman standing behind me. She grabbed my arms and pushed me against the wall. I kicked her shin and she let go. Before I could run away someone punched me in jaw. Before I could move they hit me again, knocking me onto the floor.

They kicked me and hit me, not allowing me a chance to get up or protect myself. I was able to see Allen and Axel being tied up, Josh fighting off three men, and Tasha fighting the man who'd been on her earlier.

Allen squirmed out of the ropes around him and ran at the man who was kicking me. He jumped on his back and hit a spot in his neck. The man fell next to me. The woman turned and swung at Allen but her grabbed her arm and flipped her over. He jumped on top of her and began punching her.

I stood up only to be grabbed and forced back against the wall. I could feel blood running out of my nose and mouth and bruises forming all over my body. The woman i'd paralyzed early was in front of me. She still couldn't stand to steadily.

"What do you want with us?" I asked. She smirked and pulled a needle out of her pocket. "You'll see." She jammed the needle into my neck, causing a massive pain to sweep through my body. I fell to the ground unable to move. My eye lids were getting heavy and I knew I was going to pass out.

One of the men shoved a needle in Josh's neck, causing him to fall over. Allen and Axel were already passed out and Tasha and Josh were about to. I let myself slip into unconciousness, trying not to think about where we were going to be when we woke up.