ENO

Chapter 1. A Letter For The Detective

❝ everyone says it is over but I can not stop is this sweat or tears? I can not really tell ❞

everyone says it is over
but I can not stop
is this sweat or tears?
I can not really tell

The detective seeks for an honest answer in order to make sure whether the boy is telling the truth

The detective seeks for an honest answer in order to make sure whether the boy is telling the truth. "Is that all you know?" He questions, and the boy nods, slightly.

"As I have mentioned before, my friend was sick, detective, and he had mental issues," He answers, and decides to avoid the eye contact, because the more he looks into his eyes, the less he can concentrate on talking. "Therefore, he commited suicide."

"When they found him, he had his neck contorted at a weird angle, completely broken, so this means that somebody must have shoved him down the stairs." The detective says, and eyes the boy from head to toe once again.

"I don't know anything, okay? I was out of town when I had received the news." He covers his face in frustration, and a tear starts running down his left cheek.

The detective lets out a deep breath, preferring to remain silent for a short time in order to analyze the boy's behaviour, but after seeing he is not receiving the reaction he has wanted, he says, "You may leave, now."

The boy stands up from the chair, and walks up to the door to exit the interrogation room, but something makes him stop. He stares at a blind sight, and drowns in the silence of the ocean of his mind.

"Jung Hoseok," The detective calls out the boy's name. "Is everything alright?"

Of course that the silence is one more step ahead, but the boy can no longer hide in the shadows of his own, "Who is the killer amongst us, detective?" Finally, He dares to ask the question of the century. "Who amongst us is the betrayer?"

Confidently, the detective replies, "All I can tell is that the killer can be anyone."

"So, I have to worry."
"About what?"
"The Deadeye."

"But none of your friends have mentioned it," The detective also stands up from the chair, and walks up to Hoseok, slowly. "Whatever happens, it is just a game, and a game can not hurt anyone."

"What if we are wrong?" He lets out a sigh, and turns around in order to face the young man.

"I am sure your friend is in a better place now that he is gone." The detective tries to change the subject in order to see whether he can figure something out in the boy's sudden behaviour.

"I hope so." But, Jung Hoseok kind of seems to be much more smarter than this. He can not be fooled easily. He does not show any sign of sudden changes in his behaviour. He behaves completely normal.

"Are you... feeling alright?"
"Never been better."
"Are you sure?"

Hoseok nods as he is having a beautiful smile on his face, but the detective can not tell whether it is fake or real.

Before leaving the interrogation room, detective Kim grips his wrist, and says, calmly, "We will solve this case, Hoseok."

"You don't get it, do you?" He wriggles his hand out of the detective's grip, and steps outside the room. "Solving the case is not what matters. The Creator still can punish us for not continuing playing the game."

Finally, the boy leaves there, not wanting to be questioned by the detective again.

The young man closes the door behind, and sits back down on the chair in order to figure something out until a police officer enters the room.

"Sir," The police officer speaks, "It is getting late. You need to go home, don't you think?" As he notices that the detective is lost in the ocean of his own thoughts, he speaks a little louder this time, "Sir? Are you feeling alright?"

"Yes," He nods, slightly, "There is a murderer, and he thinks that he can play god in their lives by taking them all down one by one."

"Do you mean that The Creator is the killer, himself?"
"Yes, he can be both."
"That boy— Kim Taehyung— you don't believe his death was a suicide, do you?"

The detective shakes his head, and answers, "Although Kim Taehyung had mental issues, his death was not a suicide. He was murdered."

After the police officer hears this, he leaves there, wanting to let the detective be alone in order to come up with an opinion.

But, the more he thinks about the case, the less he can concentrate.

Suddenly, the police officer from before enters the room in a rush, and tries to speak as he seems to be running out of breath, "S-Sir, this came... for you."

He hands the detective an envelope which smells like water lilies, and waits for the young man in order to open it.

It is a letter.

❝ 340P F15D159 87A4 7A3 ALR22DY B225 F0U5D A5D 34AR4 FAC159 473 4RU47. Y0U 81LL D13 8147 473M, 400 ❞

author's note hello, everyone¡ so, here's the new book as i promised

author's note
hello, everyone¡ so, here's the new book as i promised. i hope you enjoy. it will get better & better. you just need to trust me. lol¡ thank you for your support. ily¡