Chapter 1

Sunlight poured through my window and onto my face as I groaned in my comfortable sheets. I pushed them off and sighed to myself.

"Well, I don't wanna be late" I muttered,sleepily. I got together my usual attire. A black pleated skirt with a white button up shirt tucked into it. I threw my black fitting blazer over top and tied the loose ribbon bow underneath my collar. Finally, I put on knee-high black socks and black shoes while tying my silver hair into a ponytail. I looked in the mirror satisfied with my appearance and ventured downstairs to get breakfast. I silently made myself cereal and sat at the breakfast bar. More silence. If you hadn't figured out by now, I live alone. My family died in a horrendous plane crash two years ago and I inherited the money from their popular business. After completing my usual routine, I slung my black satchel over my shoulder and left the house, locking the door behind me. I made my way down the driveway and started my commute to school. Luckily for me, my highschool was close to my house so It was a quick walk. 

~#~

I was there in five minutes and I pushed open the school doors. I obviously went straight to my locker to grab my books for the day. A few minutes after opening it, it slammed shut. I jumped as a voice yelled next to me.

"MORNIN' Y/N!" Akane yelled. I shushed her eagerly as people stared at the source of disturbance.

"Hush Akane!" I scolded her. She gave me a guilty look and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Heh sorry. Just felt a lil' excited this morning" I shook my head with a smile and placed my books in my bag.

"Come on, We'll be late to class" I smiled at her. We walked down the endless corridors chatting about everything and nothing at the same time. I was so distracted I didn't notice the person stopping in front of me, causing me to collide with their back. Akane caught me as I tripped and the person regained heir balance, dropping a few books.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I should've watched where I was going!" I spoke, picking up their books. To my surprise, the richest kid in school, Byakuya Togami turned and glared at me.

"Damn right you should've been" He snarled, taking back his books.

"Hey! At least she apologised you jerk!" Akane yelled after him. He scoffed and walked off. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Man, what a harsh guy" I sighed, brushing down my skirt. Akane rolled her eyes.

"Tell me 'bout it. C'mon let's go" We finally got to class in time and I sat through a few lessons of endless lecturing. Finally the lunch bell rang and I left class swiftly. I knew Akane had lunch time gymnastic lessons so I made my way to my safe place. The library. Upon entering, I went straight to the front desk and took out two books.

"Ah Miss. L/N. What can I do for you, dear?" Mrs. Song asked me as she adjusted her glasses.

"I'm just here to return a few books and look around" I smiled warmly, which she returned.

"I see. Go ahead darling. You know where they go" She turned back to her work and I walked to the endless shelves of books. I placed one book back immediately and ventured around, trying to find where the other's place was. Soon enough, I found the shelf. I reached to put it back when I felt two eyes burning through me. I looked to my left to see Byakuya glaring at me.

"Oh! Byakuya I'm really sorry about bumping into you. I was distracted" I stopped and faced him. He ignored me and approached the shelf, a look of curiosity on his face.

"Are you looking for something?" I asked. He hummed in response.

"Which book? I could help you if you wanted" He looked up at me from his crouching position with harshness in his eyes.