Ch-2

Thoughts: Thoughts
Present: Present

Arthit sat in the canteen at the corner table with his friends. He was biting harshly at the straw of his empty nom yen cup. His friends send quietly observed him while talking amongst themselves. He grumbled and mumbled curses now and then seemingly lost in his own world. His pretty pink lips forming a permanent pout, cheeks puffed out resembling a cute kid rather than an adult. If only people saw this side of him.
(A/n: Just like the picture.)

Bright one of his friends, bored with his friends lack of attention took it on hands to bring him out of his reverie

Bright one of his friends, bored with his friends lack of attention took it on hands to bring him out of his reverie. He slowly crept close towards Arthit and shouted in his ears, “ Ai' Arthit, why are destroying the poor straw? What has it done to you?”

“Ahhhh…..”,screamed Arthit at the sudden noise near his ears. He quickly looked around if anyone heard him. He was relieved when he saw nobody heard or saw him, while other friends burst out laughing at his behaviour. He quickly turned towards Bright and started hitting him.

“Stupid Ai’ Bright what was that for?”, said Arthit while hitting Bright.

“Well you were not listening to us” answered Bright swatting the hands trying to hit him.

“Ai’ Arthit don’t worry I will save you from distress”, said Prem side hugging Arthit.

“Huh what distress? why would you save me? I am not a girl and I don’t need saving!!”, exclaimed Arthit momentarily distracted from hitting Bright.

“But you surely do scream like a girl”, teased Prem while their another friend, Toota mimicked his high pitched scream,”Ahhh….”.

Prem and Toota high-five each other Snickering. Arthit started pouting while throwing anything within reach at his friends for their teasing remarks.

“Quit it all of you. You are making a ruckus here. And Arthit why are you pouting?” chided Knott, the only sensible one in them.
Arthit whined at the question directed towards him.
“Why can’t I have a normal first day as head hazer? Why does he have to be troublesome on the first day?” replied Arthit.
“Who?” asked Bright.
“0062” said Arthit.
“Oh but we have to handle it as this is a part of our experience as hazers.”, said Knott to Arthit.

Arthit’s POV
I was about to reply Knott when there was a commotion in the canteen.

What is ruckus? What’s going on?

“Why are those people making so much noise?” I asked aloud to no-one in particular. We all turned to look at the cause of this.

“Its 0062, he has become hot news after standing up to you”, said Ai’Prem nodding his in the direction where 0062 was entering the canteen. We all glanced at his direction. He was surrounded by girls.

“Hey I thought every freshman would get one notebook for taking the signatures?” asked Bright.

“Of course you idiot. What were you doing when we discussed this in the meeting a thousand times?” said Toota smacking Bright on his head.

“Ow I know that Ai’Toota but why is 0062 holding 2 notebook?” questioned Bright.

“He is. Maybe he is helping his friends get signatures.” Said Ai’Knott confirming what Ai’Bright saw.

“But we designed this task that way so that each freshman would open up to their friends and seniors if he does this it would have no use.” Said Ai’Prem.

“So what do we do?”, I asked.

I looked up to see what that idiot freshman was doing and in the same moment he looked in my direction. Our eyes met. I held on the stare thinking that he would look away but he held on and even raised a brow at me.

That insolent brat. No respect for seniors. I am going to teach you a lesson, just you wait.

“0062 come here.” I called him loudly using my head hazer voice. The whole cafeteria went silent. He slowly approached the table where I sat with my friends.
“Yes P'Arthit.” Said 0062.
I held my hand out asking for his notebook for taking signatures through gesture. As I was looking through his notebook I asked, “Why do you have 2 signature book?”
“One of them is my friend’s.” he replied.
"Why do you have your friend's signature book?"
"I am helping him get signatures"
“Can’t your friend do it himself”
“But you never specified how we get the signatures.”

Smartass…

“Do you have my signature?”
“No, not yet.”
“Do you want it?
“ Then you have to do a task for me. Will you?”
“Yes.”