Ch-1-Of second meeting and first impressions

Thoughts: thoughts
Present: present
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young man dressed in black dress pants, crisp white shirt with black tie, black shoes and hair slicked back student the line at the entrance of the halls where the registration of first year engineering students was taking place.

"Kongpob Suthiluck, student id 0062", said the young man to the senior at the registration desk.

After the registration was done and his ID was given to him. He was directed inside the hall where the second year student welcome them with various songs and games. They randomly picked students and ask them to perform along with the songs they played. This went on for a while. The registrations were done by then when a commotion was heard outside the hall.

The door opened with a bang!! A group of student dressed in Red shirt with black tees underneath filed inside in a single row. The atmosphere grew tensed. The second year senior who are all joyful and happy a few moments ago stood straight and serious in a single file on the side. The group of student in red stood on the stage in front of them with a serious looking fluffy cheeked guy taking the lead.

"Sawasdee, first year students. My name is Arthit. I am third year and your senior in this faculty of Engineering. I am in charge of monitoring all of you throughout this year to make sure that you stay disciplined and that strictly comply with the rules. I expect to receive full cooperation from all of you.", Introduced the guy taking the lead.

"I would like to congratulate all of you for being enrolled in the faculty of Engineering", continued another 3rd year standing on the right side of Arthit, "but we do not consider that you are our official junior students yet."

"Not until you on this thing", said Arthit showing a gear badge, "Gears are cogwheels that work together systematically for a mechanism. If a cogwheel is missing gear can not function properly that's why they are the symbol of us engineers. It is the symbol of honour and dignity not representing just one particular person. Before you get hold of this gear bags you must learn and fully understand what sotus is."

Another guy on the left of Arthit spoke next, "Beside, you have to come to every freshman gathering every time. You must not be late and more importantly you must respect your seniors."

Arthit spoke again,"and finally each and everyone of you must follow my orders. Understood?"
The first year shouted the agreement.
He questioned again,"now do you all want to know us, your seniors?"
There were murmurs of agreement.
So he questioned them again loudly, "Do you want to know your seniors?"
The first year shouted their agreement this time.
After hearing the answer Arthit spoke again, "Then I want you to introduce yourself to the senior students and get their signatures. 1000 signatures within one week."

The first year students started whispering amongst them.

"Is there a problem?" questioned Arthit. Then continued again," Oh and one more thing before you speak you must stand up and say your name and your student id before you speak every time."

Kongpob's point of view

It is the first day of college and things are getting intense. I looked at Aim my best friend since school who had his head down and seem to be shaking in his skin, that scardy cat. The hazing team seems very strict and serious but the had his hazer looks pretty cute in my eyes. Oh well or it just might be my view of him.

I have heard about the SOTUS system before and I think it is a bit too extreme from what I have heard. But who knows what it might be actually because sometimes reality is different from what our eyes see.

Huh I zoned out. I should stop zoning out. Did he just say 1000 signature in one week that's impossible.

Before I knew it I raised my hand.

Oh shit!!!

" Kongpob, student ID 0062, may I have permission to speak?"

When P'Arthit nodded, I spoke, "One week is too tight. We don't think it's going to be possible."

When I said this, he seems agitated and question me, "Have you even tried yet? If you can't complete this small task, will you be able to get anything done in the future?"

His question hit right at heart but he might be right. But the stupid mouth of mine has to challenge him.

"Can we at least have a month?"

Oh No!!

"No you can't", he denied my request rather harshly.

Oh my God I should have just stopped right now but no my stupid mouth has to betray me again.

"If it were you would you be able to get 1000 signatures in one week?"

No!! What have I done. No, this was not how I was supposed to meet him.

"You are not in position to ask questions back. My orders are absolute. Understood?"

Hmm...
Even with the serious and annoyed face like that he still looks cute. I just want to squish his cheeks.

"I asked if you Understood?" Arthit shouted harshly. That broke me out of my trance. When all the first year replied the agreement the hazing team filed out. P'Arthit left with them but not before giving me a glare.

Seems like you don't remember me P'Arthit. at least this stunt of mine had him notice me and helped me make some friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Phew another chapter done. Hope you guys like it. Here's a treat for your eyes. God look how they look at each other 💘.

 God look how they look at each other 💘