Oumasai ~ Regret (Part 2)

*Requested by StephanieCabral016*

Everyone was gathered in the dining hall. Well, everyone except for Shuichi and Kokichi. Though no one cared for the small liar, Shuichi's absence was immediately noticed. Kaito had went to check up on him earlier, but received no answer. He assumed the detective would be here already. Fear started to creep up on him. As time went by, and everyone ate their breakfast, the two missing students were starting to worry their classmates.

Questions went around everyone's mind, but no one brought it up,
avoiding the topic of Kokichi Oma.
No one knew what to make of the events of the night before. Kokichi was the reason two of their friends were dead. Not only that, but he also put all of their lives on the line, acting like he himself had killed Miu. He tried so hard to convince everyone. If it hadn't been for Shuichi, they'd all be dead. They should all hate Kokichi's guts. And yet, it was hard. After that whole break down, no one knew what to say. It felt like a topic that shouldn't be touched on. But it seemed Kaito didn't get the memo.

"What are we going to do about Kokichi," Kaito asked.

"What can we do," Himiko asked.

"Do you think that breakdown was serious," Tsumugi chimed in.

"It was most likely fake," Maki said.

"But what if it wasn't," Kiibo suggested.

"Real or not, he was almost the death of all of us."

"Maybe he had his reasons?"

"Like?" Kiibo looked away.

"W-well... I'm not exactly sure."

"I think it would be best to avoid him."

"Come on, Maki roll," Kaito said. "Don't you think that's a little too-"

"Do you wanna die?" Kaito couldn't tell whether that was a threat or a warning.

"No... But-"

"Ugh, why does Kokichi have to be so complicated," Himiko shouted. "Is he evil or not?"

"I believe that little evil persona is nothing but a mask," Tsumugi said.

"Exactly," Kaito agreed. "He can't honestly be a bad guy."

"Some people are nothing but pure evil," Maki said.

"That's not true!" Kaito stood up.

"Hey, guys," Himiko started, hoping to prevent a fight. "Anyone else worried about Shuichi? He's usually here way before now." Everyone was silent.

"I saw Kokichi got to his room after the trial," Tsumugi said. The silence thickened.

"You don't think..."

"No way," Kaito shouted. "Besides, Kokichi still would've came to not draw suspicion."

"Then why did he go to Shuichi's room?"

No one wanted to answer that. Theories went around in everyone's
heads. They didn't like the conclusion they were coming to.
Finally, someone spoke one out loud.

"I ship it," Tsumugi said.

"Ship," Maki questioned.

"No way," Kaito shouted.

"Come on," Tsumugi said. "They'd be a cute couple!"

"I'm sure Shuichi has better things to do than constantly babysit Kokichi," Maki said.

"Shuichi would never date him," Kaito protested.

"And what are you getting all worked up about," Tsumugi asked. "Jealous, perhaps?" Drool made its way down her chin."No! Besides, I like someone else." He looked to Maki roll, only
for her to roll her eyes and look away.