Overdue ~(Hugo x reader)~

(Y/N) rushed to the academy, her (h/c) hair whipping past her shoulders.

'I'm late...!' She thought, frantic.

As she was running, a certain short mabu creeped into her mind. A faint blush stained her cheeks.

Suddenly, that certain thought jumped in front of her path.

She yelped and froze to a stop inches away.

Hugo stared at her intently, before he spoke;

"Where is it!?" He snarled.

"Excuse me?" (Y/N) replied, genuinely confused.

"The book! The one that's 5 weeks overdue!! You'll have to pay a fortune...!" He pouted.

She frowned, but then her frown upturned to a grin. "You want to read it, don't you?"

"Well, of course! But, you still need to return it!" He shouted again.

"Well, I'm not done with it yet~" She teased and walked around him, continuing along her path.

"How much do you read of it a day?!" He was still determined.

"A page a day keeps Kaos away~" She sang, still walking away.

Hugo's eyes widened, then narrowed before he started to chase after her.

(Y/N) took notice of his action and began running faster. She knew he was a slow runner, so she found this an amusing way to tease him.

He was shouting after her, while she giggled and steadied her pace.

She thought for a minute before turning to a patch of trees and hiding behind one.

Hugo followed her, but stopped when she was out of sight.

He gasped when he backed into her.

"Give it!!" He yelled, reaching for the book, which was being held up high above her head.

A cocky smile plastered on her face as she watched him jump up to try to retrieve it.

"Trade?" She chuckled.

"What?! That's not even-"

"Nonono, just c'mon...you want it? Then do as I say." She grinned.

He grumbled and slumped his shoulders. "Fine...What do you want?"

"A small kiss?" She questioned playfully.

His eyes snapped open and he spoke again. "What...?"

"Ya' heard me, a small kiss!" She playfully punched his shoulder.

He was quietly mumbling to himself nervously, while (Y/N) grew impatient.

SHe leaned down and pecked his cheek ever so lightly and pressed the book into his hands then darted off.

He was left in a daze of confusion and fluster.

Here's a small oneshot for the lolz-

Also, lemon? I'm cool with that, what about y'all?

--Meghan