| 0

a soft sigh escapes the barista's lips as he rested his arms against the marble countertop, his hand reaching up to ruffle his messy hair even further

a soft sigh escapes the barista's lips as he rested his arms against the marble countertop, his hand reaching up to ruffle his messy hair even further. letting out a tired groan, he slumped against the counter.

it was really days like this where it was just busy, having to make drinks for so many customers– picky stuck-up private school students, overly pissed off businessmen, those who hold up the line, and the likes.

exactly twenty-five millilitres of milk, no whipped cream, one-quarter coffee, chocolate p-

"byeong-cheol," an all-too familiar voice spoke, a hand soon tapping the boy's head, "you good?"

"do i look good to you, jeon?" he raised his head and glared at the younger, although it was in vain.

jeongguk only laughed.

"what got into you?" he bent down and rested his arms on the countertop, situating himself right in front of byeong-cheol. "what, did you not get enough dick this time?"

"jesus fucking christ, is that what you think i always do?" he replied in utter exasperation, almost sounding as if he was just whining to his poor friend.

he raised his head and rested his chin in his palm, eyes watching the other.

"if i took a shot for every time you got dicked down," the other joked, trying his best to stifle his laughter, "i'd probably be dying of liver failure."

"yeah okay whatever, at least i get some, unlike you, virgin boy."

"yah!"

the sound of laughter soon resounded throughout the empty cafe. byeong-cheol's head turned towards the clock- 8P.M.

if there isn't anyone around, might as well just close early.

"jeon, any info from sewoon?" he spoke while wiping glasses clean and turning off the coffee pot, checking on the food in the fridge.

jeongguk soon stood up straight and slid his phone out from his bag, his fingers quickly tapping on the screen and searching for sewoon's messages.

he started to speak. "your scheduled fight is at 9:30P.M., earlier than usual. according to what i have, you'll be having quite a few matches tonight so you won't return home so early. he says he has to discuss with you regarding an initiation for the end of this month."

"which team?"

"seoul team. fighter name I.M."

"I.M?" byeong-cheol hummed, nodding after a bit, "i remember him. my brother's fought him before, they both ended up in a draw. a pretty brutal fighter, i'd say."

he unties his apron and folds it, placing it under the counter, then grabbing the keys to the cafe. he made sure he already grabbed all his necessities- his pouch containing his wallet, phone, car and house keys.

he and jeongguk soon left the cafe, walking down a familiar path to a place only some knew.