Do the same

(Y/n's P.O.V.)
"I CAN'T BELIEVE HE HAD THE AUDACITY TO CHEAT ON ME! TO A MAN!"
"I knew he sucked. I could already tell he was gonna do something shi-"
I continued to cry and ignored what Matt said. After some time, he hugged me and wiped away my tears. Thoughts were racing in my head. Why would he cheat on me? How dare he?! I was so foolish to ever love him or even gave him chances! I just wish I never met him... I was just fine on my own anyway!!!

"You deserve someone better than him."

"Heh... l-like w-who...?"

He didn't answer my question. Instead, he kissed my forehead and went to give me a glass of water.

"Here... you'll need this."

"T-thanks... but Matt... you didn't answer my question."

"Forget about it. If I said it was me, you wouldn't take it seriously."

"Because you're funny and you like to- wait. WHAT!?"

"Just drink up. You've been shivering and crying for the past 30 minutes. Probably more... hold on for a sec. I'll just get a blanket for you."

"And for yourself too!"

"Fine... fine..."

I just sighed and tried to remember those words he said...

No... that can't be. I just hate it when he plays with my emotions with sarcasm. Nice try but I won't be a fool this time! But... it's just unbelievable. Him, saying that, makes me wanna laugh and take it seriously in the same time. If he was serious... then...what would happen to John and I? Wait. No. Screw John. I don't care about him anymore. Why should he be part of my life? It's not like he'd care. He isn't for me. And if that's what the world wants, then so be it.

After some time, Matt came out with a huge blanket, sat beside me, and wrapped the blanket around us.

"I couldn't find a blanket that would satisfy you and I couldn't find a blanket that would satisfy me so I got this one instead. Fluffy, isn't it?"

"Yeah..."

I like that about him. He knows exactly what I want and need at times like these. That's why he became my best friend. I couldn't ask for a better friend like him. But if I were to be honest, I think Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy would be... people I could relate to the most. I mean... they're girls and all but... they have been at my place. They've probably been where I've been already. We talk at times about our thoughts on... pretty much everything. School... life... and some other girly things I couldn't sometimes relate to.

I miss them a lot...

"You ok...?"

"Huh...? O-oh yeah..."

"You seem pretty distracted... are you thinking about something...? Or someone? Your other friends? You must miss them a lot, huh?"

"Yeah... I wonder they'd think of John now..."

"I think he should be burning in he-"

"Hey! Hey! Matt. No. You know who you are. You should be thinking about what you're saying. Look, there might be other people destined for me... ok? So chill... he's just another worthless guy. Plus, you also play with my emotions too."

"Since when?"

"Well... try to look back."

"You have no proof, for now."

"My memories are proof!"

"Hmm...."

"Ha! Got you!"

"Alright... alright! You got me! Jeez... when did you get so smart?"

"Matt!!!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

We continued to talk and laugh, slowly forgetting about John. I didn't want him to be a part of my life anymore.

I didn't care if I returned or not. Because I didn't return for him. I'd return for my friends who are waiting each day for me to come back. They are the ones who truly care. And if John thinks he could cheat on me to pass time, then I guess I could do the same.

(Ok I know this is a John Laurens x reader! DONT WORRY YOU GUYS WILL BE BACK TOGETHER SOON! Or will you?

Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed! Or not.. idk... and sorry if I always post late. I get busy all the time.)