Rolling her eyes, she took her phone from her hand. "I asked him to text me. It's been a crazy night," she explained as her eyes scanned the message. "I wanted to make sure he got home ok."

"Whatever you say, Hollis" she said.

Hollis shook her head at her friends' remark while she typed up a reply and hit send.

The conversation took a turn away from the party, Scott and Stiles. Internally, both girls were grateful for the change in topic. Sprawled out on the bed, they stayed up for the better part of the hour talking. Eventually, exhaustion started to take effect, and it wasn't long before they had fallen asleep.

 Eventually, exhaustion started to take effect, and it wasn't long before they had fallen asleep

The weekend had passed quickly. Lydia joined them at Allison's early Saturday morning, and they spent the next two days binge watching old movies while eating takeout and junk food.

Hollis had left Allison's late Sunday night, arriving just after her dad had fallen asleep. She woke up bright and early the next morning, eager to get a head start on her day and avoid her dad in the process.

Phone and keys in hand, Hollis made her way towards the front door. The house was still, the only sound being her footsteps on the hardwood floor. But as she pulled the door open and was greeted by a blast of cool morning air, she heard the distinct sound of floorboards creaking upstairs. If she was fast enough, she could still get out. Rather than take action, Hollis stood still, contemplating her next move and was soon greeted by her dad's voice.

"Hollis?" Grant descended the stairs and stopped a few feet behind her.

Without turning around, she greeted him dryly. "Hey, dad."

"I'm driving you to school. Are you ready?"

Hollis turned her body so that she was facing him. "What? No." She shook her head. "I mean, I'm ready but you don't have to do that."

"I know I don't but I'm still taking you." He ignored the peeved look on her face and moved towards the door. "We need to talk."

"Now?" She questioned. "Can't it wait? Besides, don't you have to get to work?"

Grant nodded. "I don't have to be there until eleven. And I wanted to talk this weekend but you spent it with your friends." He stopped at the door and turned to look at her. "So, yeah, we need to talk now."

Hollis stared after him as he walked to his car. She let out a frustrated sigh, knowing that she couldn't get out of this. Closing the door behind her, she grudgingly followed him and settled into the passenger seat.

Minutes passed by in silence. Her dad had yet to utter a word, and she prayed that he wouldn't. But, when they neared a red light and slowed to a stop, he turned to look at her.

"You need to stop hating me, Hollis." Grant looked defeated, like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. In a way, he did. Clearing his throat, he kept his gaze fixed on her. "I know I made a huge mistake –"