Chapter 24 - Officially, Pranushka

Author's Note : A small reference from one of the previous chapters. You may go back to Chapter - 17 'Bonding' to refresh your memories.

*     *     *     *     *

The big fat families sat in the spacious hall of the traditional Shetty mansion in a rustic Mangalore village , away from the city bustle.

"Where's the name?", Rana was twisting Sweety's ring-finger.

"Ow Bro! Wait! I'll show you", Sweety swiftly withdrew her hand and slowly removed the delicate golden band that was gleaming on her slender finger.

"Look here, do you see?", Sweety asked grazing the tip of her forefinger inside the band where the name 'Prabhas' was inscribed in classy italics.

"Oh yeah! Nice!", said Rana.

"The same with yours too Bava?", inquired Rana yanking Prabhas' hands as he was about to take a bite of vada.

"Oh! This man would never let me have my food in peace! It's the same design Darling!", huffed Prabhas, rolling his eyes at Sweety, who giggled beside him.

Prabhas and Anushka were officially engaged in Sweety's ancestral home. It was a secret and private affair, with the immediate family members and a very few friends gracing the occasion. There weren't any media present as they hadn't yet made it public. It was the last few days of their dating phase and they didn't want any of the papparazzi eyes prying on them.

Saaho shooting had wrapped up finally and the movie was now under post-production. Prabhas had his hands on three or four movies more that had commenced its shooting while Anushka had signed a couple of movies and she was halfway through its shooting as well. Both of them had their days packed, but only the month of December being cleared.

"OK! Listen everyone!", the booming voice of Krishnam Raju grabbed the attention all the people leisurely lounging in the hall.

"Now that everything is finally official, it is time for 'Pranushka' to be public!", he proclaimed, beaming at the smiling couple.

Huge round of applause and cheers filled the house.

"So, who is going to post the news? Prabhas or Sweety?", the uncle looked at them.

They both exchanged glances and a knowing smile. Prabhas nodded and Sweety said,

"Actually, neither of us. My very own Bro would do the honours", she declared gleefully, squeezing Rana's shoulders.

"Really?! That's really sweet! You guys... you don't know how much I wanted to do this!" Rana was literally jumping up and down with joy like a kid in a candy store.

"Believe me, we know! After all these years of your nagging, you deserve this", Prabhas grinned.

"Ok then! Rana, do the honours. Don't you want today's ceremony photos to post?", asked Krishnam Raju.

"I have them. But trust me guys, I've got much better photos that those", winked Rana mischievously.

"Hey you! Don't put anything inappropriate!", warned Prabhas, thinking of all the pictures he had of them from the time of Bahubali shoot.

"Wait and watch" And with that, he walked with his phone, searching for the wi-fi signal.

"Sweety, go and change the saree", said her mother. She nodded and walked off upstairs.

"I'll also change. We better get ready so that we can start our journey in an hour back to Hyderabad." Prabhas said, rising up as well.

Everyone slowly dispersed to get ready and pack their bags. Since both of them had taken the weekend break from shoot for their engagement, they had to reach back as soon as possible.