"You go find Raine and Diana and I'll find Nash." Cameron yells over the loud music and Mary nods. They go separate ways and Mary begins to push through the crowd of teenagers, searching for a head of blue or purple hair that belonged to her friends. Cameron searched for his blue-eyed friend on the other side of the house.

Cameron ran into his friend Jack Gilinksy before he could find Nash, so he decided to ask him where Nash was.

"Oh, some kids were messing around in his mom's room so he had to go yell at them." Jack chuckles and shakes his head. Cameron rolls his eyes at the thought of the annoying people from his school messing with Nash's mother's stuff.

"Alright, thanks bro." Cameron gets himself a drink on his way through the kitchen, and on the other side of the house Mary was just finding her friends.

"Hey!" Raine yells, not moving from her spot in Matt's arms. They were on the couch, Raine sitting between Matt's legs while leaning on him. Next to them was Diana, who was sitting next to her own boyfriend Aaron. The thing about Mary's friends and Cameron's friends was that they were all one big group. Mary's two friends were in relationships with two of Cam's friends, so they sometimes all hung out in a huge group together.

Raine was the one with the blue hair. Her hair was long, and the top of her hair was darker and as it went down it got to a bright, light blue. She had beautiful green eyes and the tips of her cheeks had freckles scattered beneath her eyes.

Diana on the other hand had tight dark curls with purple on the outside. She had dark skin and she was taller than both Raine and Mary. She had the best fashion sense out of them all, maybe even the best in the school.

Mary loved her friends, but she was the odd one of them. They were both loud and fun and crazy but Mary was quieter. Mary didn't have bright colored hair like them, hers was just a light brown color.

"Hey Mary." Shawn smiles at Mary in the way he usually does when he sees her. Shawn's crush on Mary is not something that goes unnoticed. Everyone knows about how much Shawn likes her and how Mary just doesn't feel the same way.

Mary loves the affection and the compliments that Shawn gives her but she doesn't want a relationship. Shawn is a sweet guy but she doesn't want to get attached to anyone. She she tries not to lead him on.

Mary hangs out with the five of them while Cameron finally finds Nash and Taylor. It's only a matter of time until Cameron and Mary are tired of being away from each other. Mary gets a text from Cameron after a while, and she notices Shawn glance at her phone while she reads the text.

Cameron: Where are you? Nash is being boring

Mary giggles at Cameron's text and tells him to meet her in the kitchen.

"I'm going to find Cameron." She tells her friends who all frown because she's leaving. Mary tells them she'll see them later and leaves, heading toward the kitchen. When she gets there she gets a water bottle. She doesn't ever want to drink, not after seeing what alcohol did to her father. She looks around for Cameron but doesn't see him anywhere and sighs.

Minutes later Cameron grabs her from behind, trying to scare her but she doesn't flinch. Instead she stares blankly at him and he groans. "I swear, I can never scare you."

She laughs, shaking her head at his attempts to frighten her and takes a drink of water. She drank almost the whole bottle already because she was getting hot and sweaty.

"You wanna go outside?" Cam asks her, noticing how flustered she was getting in the crowded kitchen. Mary nods and they both go to the backyard together. There were more people outside but only a few. The fresh air felt so good to the two of them as they breathed in. "Are you having fun?"

"Yeah." Mary says. She wasn't lying because she was having a great time with the people she was hanging out with. She was just getting tired of Shawn trying to make a move on her.

Cameron stands up from their spot on the porch's steps, and he holds his hand out to her. Mary grabs it, allowing Cameron to pull her up and pull her into him. He positions the two of them into a dancing position and she raises her eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

"We're going to slow dance." he grins at her.

"How are we supposed to slow dance to this song?" Mary laughs loudly at her best friend. Cameron never fails to amuse her, not even on her worst days. The song playing was "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea, and Cameron wanted to slow dance to it.

"We can make it work." he says.

Mary doesn't question him further because she knows they're the type of people to slow dance to a song like this without caring.

~*~

Cameron's POV

After explaining to Mary who all of their friends were and the things they used to all do together, I look at her and wait for her to say something.

"I don't know what to say; I don't remember any of them, and I don't remember that party at all." she finally says.

"I know, there's nothing really you can say." I tell her. I knew she wouldn't remember on the first day of trying. I wasn't really expecting her to.

"Can I meet Raine and Diana? Why didn't they visit me in the hospital?"

"We can go see them now if you want," I say, "and mostly it was family only. Your mother also told them that you weren't ready to see so many people you didn't know."

"And you said that Shawn boy had a crush on me..." she blushes. I wasn't going to tell her about Shawn's crush at first because I was afraid that if she met him again she would have feelings for him. It could be different now that she doesn't remember how she never wanted to be with him.

"Yeah but you never liked him back." I say. I can't help but throw that in there because I don't want anything to be different.

She nods, not saying much like she has been this whole time. It sucks that things aren't the same, but I'm going to try my best to get them back to the way they were.

...............

Mary's character is going to look like Lily Collins okay just in case you wanted to know what she really looked like and I'll put pictures of her and Diana & Raine on the side later!!

And I know the title is 32 memories and there are only 31 memories in the jar. there is a reason for that ;)

okay bye ily guys