Winter Nights

It was a fierce, cold, winter night, yet Detective Owens roamed the streets of London in order to arrive to the place she was convoked to.

Detective Robinson had called her, saying it was an emergency, and when she asked why, he said it was a kidnapping's case.

She would have driven all the way there, if it weren't for the flat tire, her car now had. So, she decided to hire a cab.

Owens shivered; she should have brought a warmer coat, the one she wore was a tad too short, leaving her hind legs exposed to the freezing air that pierced her like thin needles.

She stared at the piece of paper in her hand that contained the address:

26 Barclay Road, Fulham, London SW6 1EH, UK

—Okay.—She said to herself.

Just then, a cab drove around the corner, and she wove at it to stop by.

—Where to?— Asked the cab driver as Owens entered to the backseat of the car.

—26 Barclay Road, if you please.

—Sure thing.

Owens rested her head against the backseat, exhausted; she hadn't slept in two days, all her cases were slowly driving her crazy. The entire staying-up-all-night-to-figure-out-clues-from-different-cases thing had really worn her out. But after all, it was her responsibility to do so; she probably wouldn't be able to sleep anyways.

The cab pulled up at a big, brick house, with white, squared framed windows on each side of the black colored front door, and leading to it, was a small, fenced staircase. In front of the house were several police cars with policemen running around scouting and securing the area.