The Dixons & Their Happy Ever After

“Twins? Are you sure?” Ally asked, her brown eyes wider than dinner plates as she stared at the giant image on the computer screen. “Quite sure, see there? That's one baby and just there above him or her is the second baby” Doctor Carson explained patiently as he moved the scanner over Ally's belly showing her and Daryl what he meant. Honestly the babies looked like two little jelly beans with flickering lights that were their hearts and Ally felt her eyes get misty, two babies… Daryl was beside himself, two babies were an even bigger responsibility and he'd have to step up his search for baby things on his runs now although Maggie said she would happily donate anything that Hershel Junior had outgrown by the time Baby A and Baby B had arrived. The news of twins was met with a cheer but also a but of concern, how would Ally fare delivering twins without much pain relief? It was mutually agreed then and there that Ally and Daryl would have the support of everyone in Alexandria for when they would need it most.

The months of Ally's pregnancy slipped by slowly and she experienced a good amount of morning sickness and terrible back pain but when the time finally came for her to deliver her babies, Doctor Carson was right there ready to help. After a surprisingly short labour, the first of the twins was born and nearly five minutes later the second child arrived. A healthy and perfect pair, a boy and a girl. They hadn't discussed names in length but now the babies were in their arms it was easy to pick names that so easily fit their sweet little faces. The boy they names Perseus Merle, a name he would grow into given time. The girl they named Dahlia Lucille, a name of beauty and hope. Each child bore a middle name.of someone their parents had lost before their time and it only seemed fitting that the children would be the next generation of a legacy that survived when everything in their lives was such a struggle. Daryl and Ally were prouder than any two people could be, they had something special together that they had managed to achieve even when the whole world was against them. This was the beginning of their new chapter, a fresh set of pages to fill with love and memories. This was their happily ever after.