Chapter 2

Virgil was sitting in class tapping his pencil against the desk, waiting for the lunch bell to ring when a kid in class threw a paper ball at him and yelled.

"FREAK!"

The whole class laughed, his face warmed up and his hair turned black and blue. Virgil leaned back into his chair and tried to hide himself in his hoodie.

About an hour later the bell finally rang for lunch, Virgil threw his bag over his shoulder as he tried to shuffle through the halls when he glanced at the lunch room. The room was filled with people, just the thought of people gave him crippling anxiety

Virgil's throat began to tighten and his hands started to shake, he tried to ignore it but watching his hair fade black didn't really help. Virgil jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder, he immediately forgot about his surroundings and the short moment of fear has settled. Momentarily leaving him to wonder "Who?"

"Hey, Verge!"

Virgil turned to see the boy who helped him earlier, if he recalled correctly his name was Patton. He let out a sigh of relief and smirked, with that sigh his hair faded to a pastel orange.

"This is Logan."
Patton pointed to an average height boy with glasses, slicked-back hair, a  black dress shirt and a dark blue tie, he was also carrying some books. They read "The map that changed the world" and "The practical Geologists" The first thing Virgil thought was "Huge Nerd... but I could deal with that I guess."

"Salutations, I'm Logan... Who must you be?"

yup, nerd.

"Uh.. I-I'm Virgil... Virgil Black, but you can call me Verge."

Logan shook Virgil's hand, shocking a bit. He looked over at Patton again, Patton smiled and said.

"This is Roman, but we call him Princey because he has a prince-ly personality and it works because his last name is Prince!" Roman smiled and rolled his eyes as soon as he looked over at Virgil his smile faltered.

Damn it...

Patton pointed to his right, Virgil immediately frowned knowing he's seen Roman before but, Virgil forced a smile and said hi.

After Patton introduced Roman to Virgil, the dark kid's hair turned black and yellow with lasting hints of orange.

Roman knew that he saw the kid this morning outside... but he didn't want to say anything. He didn't want to make it awkward.

They walked to the lunch tables and sat. Patton sat beside Logan, forcing Roman to sit by Virgil.

5 minutes had passed, everyone was talking seemingly having an okay time when Virgil groaned and pulled his hoodie up over his face and laid his head on the table.

Patton leaned over the table and rubbed Virgils back

"Verge, you okay?"

Virgil stood up and said he was 'fine' as he walked towards the bathroom.
Logan and Patton sat there shocked. Everyone was beginning to think that this kid had some serious issues. Roman got up and followed him.

He walked in the bathroom and heard Virgil crying in one of the stalls.

Roman knocked on the stall and said.

"Hey, Virgil... are you okay?"

  Virgil sniffled as quietly as he could, trying to stop himself from crying in front of Roman"F-Fuck off!"

Roman sat outside of the stall and leaned up against it.

"Virgil, I'm not leaving until you at least stop crying... you don't have to say what's wrong, I just want you to know that I'm here."

There was a click, and then the door opened causing Roman to fall back.

"Idiot."

Roman smiled and sat up as Virgil walked over to the sink and sighed.

"I-I'm sorry... I-I just..."

"Virgil.. it's okay."

Virgil and Roman walked back out into the lunch room and sat back down. Patton looked them worried and asked.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

Virgil put his head back down on the table, his hair light pink and blue. Roman sighed as he looked between Virgil and Patton.

"Nothing.. he's fine."

To Be Continued