The Adventure Has Begun. . . Sort of

Ollo little Jewels!!! It's been quiet a while Since I've been able to Write some things. . . . Yeah summer vacation/End of school Is Always a bit hectic, but I'm glad to be Back and writing!!! And now Back to Emi!!!! Oh Btw I just really like this song and it kind of goes with the mood of this chappy Too so. . . win-Win!!!  

P.S: Extra long Chappy ahead!!

Emilia's Pov

The King of Omashu

"Listen here Squirt! You'll never take me down!" My father glared down at me holding the platter high above his head. 

Defiant I pointed my plastic light saber to him, "Don't understate me father! For I want my cookie!!"  

"Me Too!" Little Bobby stated while hiding behind me.

Alyssa in the other room corrected, "Underestimate." Before I launched myself at him, with Bobby backing me up we eventually got our cookies and our fun. 

Grinning I fluttered my eyes open and immediately lost my smile. I wasn't just sleeping in my own bedroom at home, I was in one of the women's hut. . . . . facing a wall. . . . in the Swamp. . . . .in the morning. 

The screaming sob built up inside me until. . . . I swallowed it back down. No point in waking up the entire clan. That was a weird word to use but it fit this place just right, Clan. I missed my own clan I thought while holding my thin pillow closer. I felt something cold brush the bottom of my foot, clutching my pillow I squealed into it and looked down. 

I nearly screamed again but stopped as I reminded myself that Slim was 'part of the family'. Not a monster to be scared of, even IF he looks like a Mob bosses pet, a crocodile with a mustache, nope nothing to be scared of.

"Morning Slim?" I greeted well questioned as I started to quickly pray that he wouldn't eat me while slowly moving my feet away from his maul. He grunted a hello back, and I mean grunted in the nicest velociraptor/Jurassic park type greeting. . . sitting up I slid my feet up and under me not taking my eyes off him the entire time.

I looked him over, as his faded copper-green eyes stared at me, he was a very strange hybrid like creature. It seemed like Slim was a large cat fish combined with a crocodile. . . or was it an alligator, I always get those two mixed up. I guess he could be a mix of all three; because all the animals here apparently are mixed with some other type of animal. I nearly lost my dinner last night when they said that I was eating POSSUM-chicken. . . . I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST REGULAR CHICKEN!? I mean I basically ate a rat last night!? 

I shivered and pushed that thought away, Slim looked at me then set his giant head to rest on the ground. Feeling more at ease with him in resting mode I turned to the side cracked my back and started to put my waterbent-clean shoes on. The bedding here wasn't that bad, it was like a very thin mat with a rough thick blanket and absorbing pillow/mat thingy. . . . So my exhaustion mixed with a confused brain and an okay sleeping area made for a well rested Emi. The huts were nice and comfy too, humid but comfy. 

My mind started to replay all that had happened last night and the new information I had also received. Just before going to bed Huu said that he might have an idea of where I should start my search to get home, but that he'd tell me in the morning. Can you believe that? That's like saying "Here's your Christmas present! Oh wait it's the 26th of December? Well I guess you have to wait a Whole Another Year!!!"