you

"you're eunsuen, right?"

eunsuen looked up hearing an unusual deep voice just to find kim taehyung, yet another person of her class she's never spoken to before, looking down on her face with a blank expression on.

before she could say anything a fat book fell on her desk with a loud thud. taehyung gulped when she gave him a question filled look as she kept on averting her stare from the book to his face, then to the book again.

"jin hyung wanted you to have this." taehyung muttered. this was the very first time he was talking to her and he still wondered if she breathed fire whenever she spoke.

because generally, he had never seen eunsuen say anything before and even though he was the king of blank faces eunsuen was something else.

her face wasn't only blank, her expression always gave off the feeling as if she was highly irritated or annoyed.

on the other hand, eunsuen could only wonder if the guy before her was scared seeing her demeanour, she knew all too well.

'the best dadjokes, 100℅ guaranteed to make one lough,' the orange colored title of the fat yellow book lying before her read.

and then it suddenly hit her.

kim seokjin wanted her to have this, the dead kim seokjin.

"why?" she could only utter to herself. relieved that she didn't breathe fire and only talked like a normal nice girl taehyung let his guard drop. his shoulders slowly hung loose and the blank expression was replaced with something else now.

he breathed out shifting on his position a little. "i don't know. this was hyung's greatest possession."

again eunsuen only gave him a look, a look asking for more. taehyung slowly spoke again.

"it was two months before his death i think. i was hanging out in his place that day and saw this book, usually lying on his table. and he said that he was gonna give it to someone, the girl that worked with him in the cafe."

"i asked him why and he said it was because the girl never smiled. and later i asked him again if he was going to buy a new book and he didn't reply anything."

a small pause until his voice spoke again. "last day i went to his place and found it, thought of giving it to you. i knew that you worked in the same cafe with him."

then he fumbled with the hem of his shirt, before continuing. "d-do you think hyung was planning his suicide for a long time? yesterday i thought about it and, and i..-"

eunsuen's eyes became soft seeing taehyung's eyes become a little teary, lips trembling as he could speak no more. before anyone could realize it too he faced away from the rest of the class and carefully brushed his eyes with the sleeve of his jacket.

"they say.. suicidal people give their favourite things away when they start losing interest in life. jin hyung, he, he gave me his favourite outfits, the ones he wouldn't even let anyone touch.. if i only knew.."

taehyung's deep voice was as low as it could get. he didn't even know why he was saying this to the girl he had never even spoken to before but for some reason, he just wanted to let it out. and out of people, to her.