Time

Arthit’s mother offered him a drink after their failed attempt on getting Arthit back in his body. Kongpob took it and thanked her. There’s something in her eyes that deeply resembles her son greatly and Kongpob couldn’t place a finger on it. She really is beautiful up close.

    “Ever since the accident,” she started, “I haven’t been at home. I keep thinking what if – what if I go home and my Oon wakes up?” she looked at him and gave Kongpob a smile. Arthit sat beside his mother, wanting to comfort his mother even if it’s by presence only.

    “But he hasn’t woken up yet,” she continued, “my Oon – he – well there was this one time where his hand moved like he was reaching for something,” she smiled at the memory and sniffs, “I was so happy. The doctor told me there’s a great deal he’ll wake up soon.”

    Kongpob furrowed his brows; somehow the information struck him.

    Mrs. Rojnapat then started recalling the events on the day Arthit got into an accident which favored Kongpob and Arthit greatly. They didn’t want to raise any suspicion that’s why Kongpob wasn’t asking any questions too much.

    Apparently, while Arthit was taking a stroll by the beach where Kongpob found the gear there was a jet ski that went out of control, driven by an amateur that collided with her son resulting in head injuries and multiple conditions. The head wound was bad enough for Arthit to succumb into coma and since then her son hasn’t woken up.

    As his mother recalled what transpired that day, Arthit couldn’t help but cry again. Kongpob felt for him; finally, his senior knows what happened to him.

    Kongpob wanted to stay for a bit longer for the sake of Arthit since his senior hasn’t seen his mother in a long time but they needed to go. He’s not related to them and Kongpob didn’t want to intrude any much further than he already was.

-

The commute back to his dorm is filled with silence.

    He promised Arthit he’ll bring his senior back into his body and Kongpob failed. He keeps thinking what Arthit must think of him now, what Kongpob should have done – what he didn’t do.

    By the time they reach Kongpob’s building he’s in a gloomy mood. He failed his senior and Kongpob is berating himself for it.

    “I’m sorry, P’Ai’Oon,” he finally says after they get inside his room. Kongpob places the dinner he bought on the way back to the table.

    “Why are you apologizing?” Arthit furrows his brows at him.

    “Well, I didn’t get you back in your body,” Kongpob frowns, “I promised you I’ll –

    “We tried,” Arthit says sternly. “At least we tried.”

    “But –

    “We’ll figure something out,” his senior walks towards him. Standing this close to Arthit, Kongpob sees the galaxy within Arthit’s pupils. “You always say that,” he continues and smiles. “We – we’ll figure something out.”

    He can tell that Arthit is encouraging him but Kongpob can also notice the uncertainty in his senior’s features. They tried the closes thing they could think of but they failed.

    “Maybe it’s time we start consulting psychics?” Kongpob jokes. The trip to the hospital leaves him emotionally tired.

    Arthit laughs, “You believe in those things?”

    “You’re a ghost.” Kongpob raises a brow at him. He starts preparing his dinner and Arthit sits across him like he usually does.

    “Still,” Arthit says as he looks over the balcony again, “They’re all fakes.”