These Are My Confessions

Start from the beginning

A few minutes pass by, and I hear someone walking down the stairs and heading toward the kitchen. Hoping it's Jazz I quickly pick my head up and turn towards the kitchen entrance. Kayla walks in with a confused look on her face.
" Yo, I don't even want to talk about it."

Lucas's P.O.V

~~~

I pick up Shorty's phone and answer. While the FaceTime is connecting, I smirk at the camera and lean back onto the couch. Ole' dude's face pops on the screen and looks at me surprised. Then that surprised expression quickly turns to irritated one.
" Yo, where Kayla at", Jacob asks.
" Who", I respond playing dumb. He just stares at the screen, irritation evident on his face.
" Why you answer her phone"?
" Why you calling her phone boss"?
" Don't worry about it. I just called to make sure she straight".
" Shorty, ight". I hang up the phone and get up to go call Jazz. Shorty's phone starts ringing again and I know it's ole dude. I put it on do not disturb; he sweatin' her like they together or somethin', I think to myself. Grabbing my phone, I stand by the window and call Jazz. She picks up on the 3rd ring.
" Hello", she says sniffling.
" Yo, you good sis"? She doesn't say anything back.
" Aye---".
" Yeah I'm cool, I'm just now gettin' home." I'm not going to press her to tell me what happened, she'll talk when she wants.
" Ight, Imma slide on you tomorrow to pick you up when we go to the studio. You still wanna go?"
" Yeah, I gotta finish that beat for Queen song, I ain't got a choice."
" Be ready early because I gotta make some runs before we go."
" Alright see you tomorrow." She hung up. I hear Kayla and Trey talking coming up the stairs.

Kayla's P.O.V

~~~

Me and Trey walk up the stairs into the living room. Lucas shakes his head at Trey.
" Bro don't say nothin", he says as he flops down on the couch. I cough to hide my laugh. Trey told me what happened in the kitchen. All I could tell him was that Jazz needed space and time to process the situation. I don't know their full history but I believe that Trey truly loves her.
" Did you call Jazz" I ask picking up my phone and unlocking it.
" Yeah, she at home, but she don't sound good. Sounded like she was cryin'." I look at Trey and he puts a pillow over his face.
" I'm going to pick her up in the morning after I leave here so she can ride around with me before we go to the studio" Lucas says as he grabs a water out of the fridge.
" Lucas did you hear my phone ring?"
" Nahh, wasn't payin' attention".
" Hmm, I thought I took my phone off of do not disturb". Lucas shrugs his shoulders and smirk. I look at him from the corner of my eye.
" Mhmmm", I mumble and sit down next to Trey. Let me text this boy back, I think to myself. He'll be alright though. He calls me just as I'm typing.
" Heyyy Bestfriend" I say.
" I know you seen me callin you".
" Dang I can't get a hey back", I laugh. Lucas looks and mugs me.
" You straight? How's everything going over there?".
" Well--- It's just me, Lucas, and Trey left in the house because you see what had happ---"
" So you the only girl there"?
" Yeah, bu---"
" Bet. I'll be there in 15."
" J I'm cool; you don't where I'm at."
" I got your location already. I'll call when I pull up". He hangs up the phone. He was really serious about poppin' up if needed. I shake my head and smile. "That boy is really somethin' else", I think to myself.
" Aye, who bout' to pull up on you", Trey asks uncovering his face.
" Jacob. Is it ok if he spends the rest of the night here? I".
" Yeah, he cool". I sit down in the chair by Lucas, and I feel his eyes staring a whole in my neck.
" What", I say as I send J a quick text tellin him he can spend the night. I grab my green apple Fanta off the table and take a sip.
" He wants you".

Jacob P.O.V

~~~

Walking in the kitchen, I grab a Gatorade out of the fridge and go see what my Mom was doing in her room.
" Hey Ma", I say, walking in.
" Hey JJ, why you up so late it's almost 11:00". I shrug my shoulders and sit down in the chair by the bed.
" What you workin' on", I ask leaning over on the bed and looking at her laptop.
" Nothin workin on the shop's website and lookin at these booked appointments. Can you go put Jojo in his pajamas and in his bed?" I look over at my little brother and smile.

Getting up, I pick him up and start to walk out the room.
" JJ", my says getting my attention. She walks over and hugs me.
" I love you baby boy thank you". Kissing her on her cheek I say I love you back and leave out. After I get Jojo situated, I text Kayla and get in the shower. Me and Kayla's relationship has grown. I'm glad that it's to the point where she can be comfortable with me and let me be there for her. I know she's been through a lot with not having mom around, but I can relate because my mom just came back into my life. Even though I don't know the full story of how she lost her mom, I'll be there to listen when she's ready to talk about it. I want her to willingly open up to me. As far as my feelings for her I have to wait and see how she feels; I don't want to rush and push her away. But I know that she's going to be mine soon I just have to be patient and let the perfect time come. I get out of the shower, dry off, and put on my sweats. Grabbing my phone, I FaceTime Kayla expecting her to answer. The call connects and I see Lucas's face.
" Yo, where Kayla at", I ask annoyed that he even had her phone.
" Who", he says trying to be funny.
" Why you answer her phone"?
" Why you callin" her phone boss"?
" Don't worry about it. I just called to make sure she straight"
" Shorty Ight". He hung up in my face. No this El Debarge lookin ass nigga--- I call back, no answer. She calls me back a few minutes later and tells me she's the only girl in the house. That's all I have to hear; I tell her I'm on my way. I check and see if her location is on. Slipping on a shirt, I grab my keys and head downstairs.
" Ma, I'm about to go see Kayla", I yell before walking out.
" Alright be safe J", she yells back. Kayla texts me sayin to bring some extra clothes for the morning. Running up the stairs to my room I grab them, lock up the house, and get in my truck.

Hey Guys!!! Please let me know how yall feel about this chapter. Thank you guys for reading and sharing my story, it means alot to me. Comment, share & vote. PLEASE! I really appreciate feedback. - Shy 💙