Truth Will Set You Free

Omniscient P.O.V

Ar'mon pulls a bowl with pieces of paper from under the table.
" Alright Tay pick a piece of paper, you go first"----
Tay eagerly leans forward and draws a blue slip of paper from the bowl. She hesitates before she reads it out loud.
" What's it say sis", Kayla asks and peeks over Tay's shoulder. Both of them exchange a mischievous look and look. Taylor clears her throat and crosses her hands and legs across her lap like she's in a business meeting. She smiles creepily at Trey.
Lucas and Ar'mon sit back and wait for the drama to unfold.
" Sooo Trey---", she says and cocks her head to the side. Kayla coughs to hide her laugh.
" Is it true that you are secretly in love? Specifically with, someone you've known for almost all of your childhood" A certain someone who may or may not be in this room right now--- Oops my bad".

Trey slowly turns to Ar'mon; if looks could kill---
" Well that look you gave Ar'mon answers my question... however the more important answer is who is it Mr. Traylor? We are all dieing to know after all"
" Tay, shut up you sound like Wendy Williams ole' messy ass---" how you doing," Armon says as he imitates Wendy Williams.
All eyes shift to Trey. You could hear a pen drop in the silence. Trey stands up and lets out a deep sigh.
" Jazz can I talk to you real quick", Trey says as he quickly grabs Jazz's hands.
" What's goin on bro, why we just can't talk right here that's too much moving."
" Just come and talk to me man. We need to be alone these niggas already nosy".

Jazz's P.O.V

I start to play with my fingers as I watch Trey pace back and forth anxiously. Watching him look so nervous is making me nervous. It's unsettling because we never hold anything back from eachother, now all of a sudden he's hesitant to tell me what's going on. Is it that big of a secret? But then again Trey is my Bestfriend, he wouldn't keep anything from me. Even if he wanted to he couldn't---
" Look Jasmine---", Trey says as he continues to pace across the room. I hop down from the kitchen counter and walk towards him.
" Yo, you never call me Jasmine. Only when you're serious so what's the problem?" He takes a step back and leans against the closed door.
" I can't--- I don't know."
" You don't know what? You not makin' any sense. Is it because of that stupid piece of paper? Because if it is you don't have to talk about it--- let's go back and stop trippin yo". Grabbing his hand he snatches it away.
" I'm not trippin".
" Bro, yes you are! You actin' brand new like we haven't been Bestfriends for half of our lives. Whatever it is you know you can tell me so stop beatin' around the bush. You don't have to sugarcoat anything with me". Standing there with my arms crossed, I stare into his eyes. The eyes of my Bestfriend, crush, and the first boy I've grown to deeply care for--- and fall in love with. It wouldn't definitely hurt me to know that he's in love with anyone else but he's still my Bestfriend. And I'll support him through whatever relationship. Even if I end up heartbroken at the end.
" You know, Ar'mon plays too much. You just met Kayla and Taylor a month ago so I know you couldn't be in love with them. Unless you--- and I know you most definitely wouldn't be in love with me". Butterflies in my stomach start to flutter and my heart starts racing a mile a minute. Why did I just say that out loud? Lord just take me now.
" I'm--- I'm sorry. That's way off; I play too much. I don't why I even said something that crazy. Ar'mon must have put a lil' Hennessey in the kool-aid. Let's just go back before---
" I'm in love with you Jasmine."