Home at Last

When I got inside the airport I took the escalator down to the level all the family members and friends were standing waiting for their loved ones. I saw names written on note cards and I saw the fancy chauffeurs waiting with their signs for most of the superstars. I looked around and finally saw a giant sign being held up by two women. I knew right away I had found Colby and I's mothers. The sign had Ariel and Flunder painted on it in big black cursive letters. My mom knew I hated Colby being called Prince Eric after he left so he stuck to calling him Flounder for my sake.

I walked over to them seeing that Colby had not yet found them.

"Princess! Welcome Home! Happy Birthday babygirl, god it's been a year, turn around let me look at my girl all grown up." My mom gushed.

"Mom it's only been a year. I haven't changed that much. And please stop reminding me that it is my birthday." I responded laughing.

Colby's mom pulled me into a hug and squeezed me as tight as she could. I now realize where her son got it from.

"Welcome home Ariel, happy birthday princess." She whispered in my ear just as I saw Colby waking over and giving my mom a bear hug out of the corner of my eye.

"Thank you momma." I whispered back before letting go so that her son could say hello. Ever since I was a little girl I had called Colby's mom momma because we were just that close. He did the same thing with my mom our entire friendship also. With both of our fathers gone it was nice to have other people to go to for support than just our mother.

After saying our hello's and everyone wishing me a happy birthday (which I wasn't all that fond of) we headed back to our houses. I walked in to see my mom's yorkie Candy running at me. Good thing she is super duper small. I placed my bags on the ground beside me and said hello to her while mom went into the kitchen. She returned with a 'birthday cupcake' from my favorite bakery. It was a cannoli cupcake my favorite kind. I walked into the kitchen grabbing a plate from the cabinet and sitting down at the table to eat. I scarved it down considering it was the only thing I had eaten so far today except for some peanuts on the plane. Mother and I made small talk while I was eating. We were never super close so we ran out of things to say really fast. I know my mother loves me, she just isn't good at communication.

After I ate my cupcake I brought my bags up the stairs to my room being trailed by Candy every step of the way. I walked in to find it was the same as I left it. I unpacked a few things considering we were going to be in town for a few days. I laid in my bed for a little while when suddenly my phone chimmed off.

Flounder / Prince Eric: Hey I have another question for you.

Me: Shoot loser.

Flounder / Prince Eric: Don't be mean Princess :p I was just wondering if you'd want to go out with me tonight to celebrate your birthday, I know how much you hate your birthday but I want to take you out anyway.

Me: Where

Flounder / Prince Eric: It's a suprise.

Me: Just us?

Flounder / Prince Eric: Yup. Just me and you Princess

Me: Like a date?

Flounder / Prince Eric: Kinda... maybe... sorta. I mean if you don't mind.

Me: I guess I'll say yes then.

Flounder / Prince Eric: Great! Wear something nice, I'll pick you up at 8:00

Me: Whatever you say Flounder.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. What am I getting myself into. I just agreed to go on a date with the man who broke me to pieces. Our mom's both texted me excited about Colby and I's date tonight. My mom called up to my room asking if I needed help getting ready. I said no and began searching through my closet. Maybe I could give him another chance, he was really busy with his career and he did make me proud just like he said he would. Maybe he came back for me while I was in NXT. Shoot. Ariel snap out of it. He didn't come back. He broke you. He doesn't deserve another chance. You're just doing this to humor your mothers.

After what seemed like hours of searching I found the perfect outfit. I looked at the time and it was 6:30, plenty of time. So I decided I would take a shower so that my hair was easy to style. I got out of the shower around 7:00, giving me just enough time to get ready. I let my hair fall into it's natural straight but slightly wavy style, then I grabbed the sides of my hair and pulled them back as if I were going to do a pony tail, but I left the back down. I pinned the sides into a sort of half ponytail with my favorite black hair bow creating the perfect half up half down style for my night. I slipped into my dress and began to apply my makeup.

By the time I finished my hair and makeup it was 7:45. I looked in my old jewelry box to find something to go with my outfit for the night and found a few old bracelets, which I decided would do. A pair of beautiful blue heart earrings my mom bought me as a graduation present ended up going in my ears for the night. Then I found something I didn't think I would ever see again. A heart necklace similar to the earrings i had on. Colby had given it to me when we first started dating and it was my most prized possesion. I loved it more than anything. A few days after he left I went to our field and out of anger I ripped it off and threw it into the grass.

I put it on and went downstairs to wait for Colby. My mom was sitting on the couch, as soon as she saw me her eyes grew wide.

"Ariel you are so beautiful babygirl." My mother gushed running over to me, almost tripping on the side table.

"Thank you mom. Hey, I have a question?"

"Yes dear?"

"Do you know how this necklace got back in my jewelry container?"

"I brought it back from the field a few weeks before you left for NXT, I'm suprised you didn't notice. I thought you might regret throwing it in the field." She replied smiling.

"Thank you so much mommy!" I exclaimed. She was right. I really did regret throwing it into the dirt.

The doorbell rang and Colby was standing at the door with flowers. He handed them to me and then promised he would have me home at a decent time. He took my hand as we walked out the door and he led me to the car. He opened my door and I got in.