Confrontation

PHA'S POV

"ai'Pha what's on your mind? You look troubled. Is something bothering you?"

Beam and I were in my dorm room, sitting on the bed with books scattered around us. Beam had come over to study for an upcoming test but because I couldn't concentrate on anything we weren't getting much study done, which is why beam was asking me this question.

Beam is my best friend. We have known each other since middle school. We used to go to the same school and are even in the same university together. Having known each other for so long it's easy for us to tell when something is bothering the other and so I wasn't really surprised with his question.

He is facing me now, his dark brown eyes focused on my face, his thick black eyebrows furrowed in concentration and his pink full lips pressed together in a straight line looking at me expectantly for my answer.

I give a quiet sigh and tell him what is bothering me.

"ai'beam I was thinking about ai'kit." understanding flashed across Beam's face at my reply.

Kit is beam's and mines other best friend. He was also with us since middle school and is in the same university and is taking the same course as both of us. Our trio is infamously known as the doctor gang since we are medical students. We always stick together. Where one goes other two follow but things are changing since last few months and frankly I am not a fan of it.

"I am worried about ai'kit too pha. He has been slowly distancing himself from us. He won't spend any time together with us unless absolutely necessary. It's been 3 months since he started avoiding us. In the beginning I thought he just needed a little space but now it looks like he doesn't want to be around us at all. I tried asking him what was wrong but he not only avoids the question but also blame me for over reacting"

By now beam was looking as gloomy as I was feeling. I felt a little bad for worrying him but I knew we needed to discuss this matter and do something about it before the situation got out of hand and we lost our kit forever.

Beam I think it's time for an intervention. The only way we can find a problem to this solution is if we all talk it out together

"Ai'Pha you know it's not going to be easy right. Kit may look innocent and sweet like a child with his soft creamy white skin, silky brown hair, short cute legs, rosy cheeks, adorable dimples...."

I cleared my throat to prevent beam from getting lost in his kitty induced fantasies

He gave me a sheepish smile while I looked at him knowingly

"anyway as I was saying before I got carried away , it's not going to be easy to make kit talk because he is as stubborn as a mule and I am not sure we can even convince him to stay with us long enough to have a conversation" beam said giving me worried looks.

I knew what beam was saying was correct and so we needed a way to corner kit.

After thinking for some time I finally came up with a solution.

"Ai'Beam I know what we have to do it's time to get our kitty back. This game of cat and mouse is going to come to an end" and I explained the entire plan to beam.

Watch out kitty we are coming for you.  

(Next day at school)

As we had predicted when lunch break came kit made up an excuse and left us. He had barely said anything to either of us the whole day which confirmed my suspicion that he was avoiding us and so we put our plan in motion.