Practice Questions

Have a go at some practice questions for each poem!

Ozymandias:  

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about power in 'Ozymandias' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'.

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about powerful individuals in 'Ozmandias' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

London:

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about anger in 'London' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about people in 'London' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict' 

Extract from, The Prelude:

- Compare the ways poets present nature in 'The Prelude' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about fear in 'The Prelude' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'  

My Last Duchess:

- Compare the ways poets present memory in 'My Last Duchess' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present powerful individuals in 'The Prelude' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'  

The Charge of the Light Brigade:

- Compare the ways poets present the effects of conflict in 'The Charge of the Light Brigade' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present the ideas about patriotism in 'The Charge of the Light Brigade' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

Exposure:

- Compare the ways poets present the reality of conflict in 'Exposure' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present the effects of conflict in 'Exposure' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'  

Storm on the Island:

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about the power of nature in 'Storm on the Island' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present tension between humans and nature in 'Storm on the Island' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'  

Bayonet Charge:

- Compare the ways poets present the effects of war in 'Bayonet Charge' and in oneother poem from 'Power and Conflict'.

- Compare the ways poets present the realities of war in 'Bayonet Charge' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'. 

Remains:

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about guilt in 'Remains' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about powerful memories in 'Remains' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict' 

Poppies:

- Compare the ways poets present attitudes to war in 'Poppies' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present the effects of conflict on people in 'Poppies' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'  

War Photographer:

- Compare the ways poets present experiences of war in 'War Photographer' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about the wider effects of conflict in 'War Photographer' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'  

Tissue:

- Compare the ways poets present the power of humans in 'Tissue' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present the power of history in 'Tissue' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'  

The Émigrée:

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about loss and absence in 'The Émigrée' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about identity in 'The Émigrée' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'  

Checking Out Me History:

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about identity in 'Checking Out Me History' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about political conflict in 'Checking Out Me History' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict' 

Kamikaze:

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about identity in 'Kamikaze' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'

- Compare the ways poets present ideas about the wider effects of conflict in 'Kamikaze' and in one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'