-17-

-17-

"Presents, cake, food, decorations..." I muttered, going over a mental check list.

"Hurry up and put the streamers up Mey-rin!" I yelled.

"I think it's great you're throwing young master a surprise party!" Finni grinned.

"Okay....Done!" I stood back in amazement and looked over my work. Damn...I was good.

"Bard! Are they here yet?" I asked. He was keeping a lookout by the door.

"Any second now..."

"Happy Birthday!" We shouted when the door opened. Ciel looked surprised, then annoyed, then he sighed. Good enough for me.

Before I could say anything Sebastian cut in with, "Dinner young master, before anything else?"

"Sure."

Sebastian looked at me knowingly. Cake and food first, since he made them.

The table was set and Ciel and Lizzie sat down to enjoy the food. Everyone else was standing since servants couldn't eat at the same table. "Assholes." I coughed out.

"What was that Amelia?" Sebastian asked.

"Nothing." But everyone was happy so whatever. And everyone was wearing a party hat, despite Ciel's protest, so that made everything funny. I made sure to put a bright pink and purple one on Sebastian.

"I'll cut the cake now." Sebastian said and brought out a Christmas pudding, which was not a cake cake.

"It's a Christmas pudding. The season is almost upon us, after all." I rolled my eyes. "If your piece has a ring in it, you are guaranteed happiness." He said.

"You could've just cut it in the kitchen." Ciel grumbled as Sebastian gave him a slice. He bit a piece and spat out a blue ring, Lizzie's original gift to him.

Lizzie squealed. "I'm so glad! Sebastian says you'll be able to find happiness, Ciel!"

"I don't-"

"Paula, ring the bells!" She rang the bells and I laughed 'cause I heard Ciel sigh, "What's wrong with these people?"

I knew Ciel was secretly happy.

***

"Ciel!" I whispered as I opened his bedroom door. If he wasn't awake I would have the pleasure of screaming to wake him up.

"What is it Amelia?"

"Oh, you're awake. Okay then." I walked in.

"What're you doing here Amelia?" He mumbled and sat up in bed.

"I never gave you my present."

"What? Why did you think it was a good idea to give it to me now?" He snapped.

I shrugged and bounced on his bed. "Well, your still up so...why not?"

"Tch....Fine, just give it to me so I can go back to sleep."

"Ok, close your eyes and stay still."

"What? Why?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Just do it! C'mon, I won't do anything bad. Promise."

He hesitated. "..Alright." He reluctantly closed his eyes and sat still.

I moved closer, so I was sitting right across from him and leaned in slowly.

"You can open your eyes." I whispered. He opened his eyes slowly and his face flushed bright red. 

I brushed my lips against him, enough to give him a small kiss, then pulled back.  "Haha, just kidding." I laughed jokingly in between his sneezes. "That wasn't your present," I shoved a badly wrapped box into his hands."This is." 

He kinda just....sat there. I waved a hand in front of his face and he still didn't move. I got up to leave when he took the box and I turned around to see him holding a pair of black gloves. He stared at them and didn't say anything so I got kind of nervous. "Yeah....Everyone decided together and Sebastian went and picked them up soo..." I dragged the word out. He was still giving me the silent treatment so I curtly turned around and left. "Sorry for bothering you, goodnight." I said in monotone and I closed the door a little to hard. The slam echoed around me as I walked back to my room.

Great. "AHH! Fuckity fuck fuck." I screamed.