"Isn't this exciting, Alejo? We might actually get in!" You exclaimed. Alejo let out a cheer of agreement and he laughed.

"Yeah, I'm pumped! I'll be going up against so many others for the scholarship, but I've done my research. Hopefully I get in..." he muttered the last part as a way to avoid jinxing himself. You chuckled nervously. Now you were glad you weren't taking the scholarship. There was no way you could win against Alejo in smarts. That was just his thing.

As you stepped out into the main streets, everyone became quiet. You and Alejo immediately noticed the oddity in their actions. The crowds, they were murmuring and whispering amongst each other.

"Did something happen?" You whispered to Alejo, who shrugged in response. You looked closely at the crowds, and saw that they had begun to disperse into crowded rows of two. Alejo looked ahead of you, and he saw why the crowds had dispersed.

Walking between the parted crowds was a young boy garbed in all white. Stationed by either side of him were two royal guards, dressed in white shining armour. You eyed the trio with a curious gaze as they approached you. Suddenly, you were yanked to the side and you were thrown into the bustling crowd. You cried out in surprise as you stumbled.

"Woah! What are you doing?" You began to complain. Alejo hurriedly shushed you and he watched as the young boy walked by. He spared a single glance in your direction. Your eyes met with his for a very brief moment. Your gaze then lowered to the pendant hanging around his neck, making your eyes widen. He quickly averted his gaze and continued ahead. You frowned and peered over the crowd. "Who was that?" Alejo's jaw dropped in complete disbelief and eyes widened.

"Are you kidding me? That was Astro, the head of the white diamond knights! He's their captain in Tobio's stead!" He yelled just as everyone congregated back into their normal routines. Your eyes sparkled with excitement and you gasped.

"Really!? That was him!?" You exclaimed. Alejo held his head and shook it. How on earth were you going to pass the exam if you didn't even know what the leader of the white diamond knights looked like? He then looked ahead and tapped his chin.

"I wonder why he was here though." You shrugged. Alejo waved off the thought and he tugged you forwards. "Come on! We're going to be late!" Your eyes widened and you nodded. You and Alejo then ran towards the exam grounds for the knight's academy entrance exam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With wasted breaths, you and Alejo had finally made it to the exam. You wiped the sweat from your forehead and you looked up. Your eyes widened. Big black gates stood before you, shielding you from the palace like school. For as far as the eye could see, the fence was endless. The school was huge! You and Alejo stood in a stupefied awe, quickly losing sight of your goal. It wasn't until one of the contenders had bumped into you when you were brought back to Earth.

Your eyes followed the line of examinees entering the school grounds with their forms in hand. You quickly elbowed Alejo in the side, bringing him back to reality.

"Look, we gotta hurry!" You urged. Alejo regathered his thoughts and he hummed in agreement. The two of you then raced towards the gates where two guards were stationed. Upon closer inspection, all of the examinees were handing the guards their forms of registration. Knowing what you had to do, you both readied your forms and approached the guards with baited breathes.

As you came to a stop before them, the guard on the left stood over you while the guard on the right addressed Alejo.

"Fee and form please." You nodded and handed the guard the two said items. Alejo looked up at the guard and handed him his form.