"Um, are you two okay?" One guard asked. You swallowed hard and nodded before standing up, leaving Alejo lying there.

"Ugh, I'm so tired." Alejo rasped. You used the back of your palm to wipe the sweat from your forehead. You then pulled out your ID Before showing it to the guards.

"We'd like to enter for the knight academy entrance exam please." You mumbled, your exhaustion catching up with you greatly. The two guards slowly nodded, and they stood to the side, giving you both entrance. You let out a worn out victorious cheer and you dragged Alejo inside.

As you stepped inside, you looked up and you immediately noticed the culture difference between the previous layers. Something felt different about this part of the city. Everything was more vibrant, and the buildings actually resembled a city. Glass buildings towered high over your head and the streets were littered with high class restaurants and stores.

Alejo looked down at the pavement below him and his eyes widened. There wasn't a spec of dirt to be seen! As you stood before the magnificent city before you, a sudden realisation came to you. You and Alejo felt very out of place here.

You heard a sharp gasp beside you and you turned to see Alejo eyeing one of the stalls with sparkling eyes.

"Y/n do you see that!? It's a candy store!" He exclaimed and before you knew it, he had himself pressed against the window, spying into the shop. You walked up beside him and you also peered into the store.

"Oh wow, I've never been into a candy store before." You admitted while spying the many jars filled with yummy treats. Alejo's eyes lit up like a child's and his mouth watered at the sight.

"Me neither. I've always wanted to taste candy." Your eyes widened and you whipped your head towards him.

"Wait, you've never had candy before!?" You cried out, alarming him and everyone around you. People gave you odd stares, making you shy back from them. Alejo looked flustered, and turned to the side to hide his embarrassment.

"W-Well we've never had anything like that in the outer layer. Besides, have you seen the price of everything here? You'd have to be rich just to eat this stuff!" He cried out. By this point, everyone had recognised you as a country bumpkin and him as a very poor child, and they decidedly ignored the two of you.

You leaned to one side and you held your chin. You then closed your eyes and hummed thoughtfully to yourself.

"Hmm, well if that's the case...." Alejo eyed you curiously as a smile appeared on your face, and you begun to dig around in your back pack. It took you a good few seconds to find what you were looking for, but once you did, the smile on your face widened and you brought out the desired object. "Here it is!" Alejo leaned on his knees as he looked down at the object in your hands.

"What is that?" He asked. You gripped the lid and popped it off with a turn of your wrist. You then held up the opened can to him and grinned ecstatically.

"Candy!" Alejo looked down at the colourful wrappers with wide eyes, and he gasped.

"T-That's-!" His hands shakily reached forwards, and he carefully cupped your hands into his with the tin of candy. He stared into the tin in mesmerisation. Jewels sat before him. The most beautiful jewels he had ever seen. And here you stood, unsurprised.

"You...you've gotta be rich! How did you get your hands on these!?" He cried out and looked at you. You looked down at the tin of candy with pursed lips.

"Well I'm not rich, that much I can tell you. I got this candy from one of my brothers back at the orphanage for my birthday." You said, oblivious to Alejo's envious gaze. Alejo blinked at you in surprise and he hesitantly took the candy from you.