The voices from the sky

Place : Transylvania. Rome

Date : X666 . July . 6

Characters featured : Adam godric, Solomon godric, mayor gravemar, narcissa Owen .

###~~~~~~~~~###~~~~~~~~~~###

12:50 am .Transylvania, Rome. 

 A dreadful silent fell upon its streets while everyone was asleep. It was almost midnight and the sky never seemed clearer, not a single cloud to be seen. Mr. Godric Solomon was requested for another mission in Thynian town ,a couple of miles away from Transylvania. A couple of hours later the clock struck 3 am, And suddenly that silence that roamed the town , became even more frightful. Something seemed odd about tonight, It was too silent. The barking of the neighbor's dog stopped . The gentle breezes of air that slipped through Adam's window stopped. Everything was emotinless. Adam noticed the odd atmosphere of that night ,so he rose from his bed and walked to his window to take a look outside ; there was Nothing in the front yard nor in the street , he meditated for a while then he closed his window and turned away, and as he got closer to his bed he heard the clock strokes getting louder . That quite night wasn't like any other night. It was different, as if it was a sing for an upcoming storm. A storm in the middle of June? Wondered Adam.

The sound of the clock strocks in the dead silence were terrifying. Adam was still standing there near the bed motionless , just staring at the clock . Seconds later he was heading downstairs, his feet were working on their own. he had no control over his buddy nor over his mind! as if he was nothing more than a puppet that was controlled by a puppeteer. He walked slowly to the door , held the grip ,and without any effort the door was opened. He went outside and kept walking till he reached the small wooden gate of his front yard , and lifted his head to see the rest of the neighbors standing outside their houses, staring around them, Clueless , unaware of the curse that fell upon them.

Adam: what's going on? What's up with all of them?! Why are they- no.. Why am I out..?

Attention! Attention everyone!

A loud voice was heard coming for the a speakers on the top of the light polls .

Adam: speakers? I didn't know we had one of those.. They're everywhere.. How come I never noticed them..

The speakers : attention my dear citizens! I apology for the disturbance. I-i have a ve- quick announcement to share with you, and am afraid it can't be delayed any further..

Adam: announcement? At 3 am?? Who's that on the speaker anyway.. I think it's the mayor's voice.. But, why does he sound like that

The Speakers: attention everyone !

The shaking voice of the mayor suddenly disappeared and was replaced by a calm soothing voice.

Adam: a woman..?

The speakers : As of now. Your precious little town is under a new management. Your respectable mayor Mr.gravemar has been.. Released of his duties , But have no fear my dears.. I shall be more than happy to take care of this town from now on. I will take the mayor's office and hopefully there won't be any protest or objection. Further information will be announced tomorrow morning. Have a nice day.

Adam : ..wh-what was that all about.??

Everyone was in a confusion and curiosity ,but they had no choice but to get back to their houses and wait for tomorrow patiently.

Few hours later the sun rose and everything was alive and buzzing. The citizens woke up that morning and head to the mayor's office with curiosity ,but they we're turned away. Mr. Godric was back this morning from Thynian town and heard about what happened last night ,so he decided to go to the mayor himself . He headed to down town and for his surprise the office was surrounded by angry citizens demanding more clarification . Mr. Godric barely managed to get through them, he sneaked quietly to the entrance and got in. The administration seemed empty no body was in the hallways nor in their offices. He walked straight to the mayor's office and knocked a couple of time on the door till he was called in.