Start the Rush Part 3

Kendall continues, "I had a very bad feeling when I left yesterday so I put a security guard outside the house."

I can hear Carlos get angry, "What the hell? Were you just going to let him take off with Suzy?" he yells quietly.

Kendall stops him, "He wouldn't have gone anywhere with her. I made sure he knew not to intervene unless the situation got out of hand. The minute Jon was off this property my guy would have pounced on him."

I breathe a small sigh of relief that Kendall didn't have anything to do with the whole Jon fiasco.

The rest of the conversation sounded like two high school boys talking about a girl. Kendall asks, "Did she say anything about me?"

Carlos laughs, "Only that you took advantage of her."

I could hear the shock in Kendall's voice, "I did no such thing. I would never."

I peek around the corner and see Kendall hanging his head, "Contrary to what you see on tv...I'm really not that guy."

Carlos chuckles, "Then why do you act like that guy?" he asks.

Kendall looks around and I duck back behind the door before he can see me, "Well just between you and me...The truth is...I don't have a choice. If I want to sing and do what I love most in this world then that's the person I have to be."

I hear them head towards the door and run back getting on the couch before they can get in the room.

Kendall doesn't say a word, but walks over, picks up Suzy and lays her in his lap, stroking her hair and whispering, "Nothing bad will ever happen to you as long as I can help it."

I look at him, "What did you say?" I ask.

He smiles up at me, "It was nothing. She is a beautiful little girl. She must take after her mom." he says to me.

Kendall's phone rings and he excuses himself to the other side of the room to take the call. We aren't trying to eavesdrop but we can overhear the conversation getting heated.

Kendall says, "I'm not...You can do whatever you need to do...Yeah well you want a rock star I will show you a rock star. Screw you!" and hangs up the phone.

Logan wakes up to all the shouting, "What the..."

Kendall apologizes, "Just business stuff. It won't happen again."

James comes in from the shower, "Is everything okay?" he asks.

Kendall laughs, "Sorry guys. I didn't mean to get so 'rock star' in here."

We all laugh and I ask, "What was that all about?"

He walks over to where I am and pulls me up to him, "Its nothing for you to concern yourself about. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere until I know your safe."

I look into his golden eyes and I have no idea why but a sense of security washes over me. I snap back to reality, "You don't even know me. Why are you so worried about me?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "Don't make me lie to you."

I get a puzzled look on my face, "What do you mean?"