Start the Rush Part 1

Its been years since I have been able to go out and have a good time. I got pregnant and married just out of high school and there wasn't a lot of time for partying and friends. My husband didn't seem to have the same mentality though. He was always out with his friends and never home with me and our daughter. I lost most of my friends when he and I got married because it seemed like that little piece of paper made me his property. I was a tomboy growing up so most of my friends were guys and before we got married that didn't seem to be a problem but once the ring was on my finger it became a big problem to him. I did everything in my power to make him happy because if he wasn't happy I would end up with a beating and that wasn't MY idea of a good time. I tolerated the abuse because I loved my little family and wanted to make sure my daughter always had a father in her life but one day while he was out with his friends I happened to catch him at a hotel, in bed with another woman. It took every ounce of courage and strength and the support of my three best friends from high school but I finally filed for divorce. Being essentially homeless, my four year old daughter and I moved in with them and were settling in quite well with the exception of the occasional death threat because my soon to be ex husband didn't like the fact that I had left him.

I walk in the living room and plop down on the couch after Suzy is asleep and James asks, "So what do you want to do tonight?"

I laugh, "What else? Sit here and watch tv. I can't go anywhere."

Logan laughs, "You sure are boring these days and to think you were such a wild child in school."

I smile at him, "Yeah well I have a child to worry about now. I can't just leave her here by herself."

Carlos speaks up, "Well I have you a babysitter for the night so we thought we would take you somewhere fun."

I look at him puzzled, "And just where would that be?"

The three of them look at each other and grin but its Logan that answers, "Just go get dressed and look pretty."

I give him a look, "What are you trying to say?" I joke.

James laughs, "He just means look prettier than you normally do because tonight will be an awesome night and we want lots of pictures."

I look at Carlos still wanting to know what they have in store but he won't budge. He gets up and pulls me off the couch, "You have forty five minutes before we have to leave. Chop chop." he says.

I go to my room and start to get dressed with my mind wandering into a million places but none of them turning out good if my soon to be ex husband hears about it.

I come out of my room and the guys are waiting next to the door, "Lets go." James says rushing me out of the house. 

I resist, "But the babysitter..."

Carlos cuts me off, "She is here and in the bathroom. Suzy will be just fine."

I continue to object, "But does she know about Jon? Does she realize she could be in danger if she isn't careful?"

James cuts me off this time, "She is well aware and trust me, she knows the whole story. She will make sure that nothing happens."