↣ Chapter Twenty ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

D O W N W O R L D 

D I S C R I M I N A T I O N 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

"You hate decorating!" Caroline pointed out from where she sat on the couch, flipping through the arts and crafts magazine she had bought on her way home from work.

"Well, Madzie thought it was too boring, she said your colours match too much," Chris explained. He had on a pair of light blue dungarees - Magnus had squealed when he had seen them and made Chris promise never to wear them in front of him - and an old football shirt he hadn't worn in about fifteen years. Both were covered in paint, as well as the splatters of paint on his arms and face, and his toes.

In a spur of the moment kind of thing, Caroline had moved in with Zach. They were in a sort-of relationship but they were very close and she was over at his all the time anyway, so she decided to close the deal and finally move in with him. That move however left Catarina alone, and although she didn't mind it, she did tend to get lonely. So a new deal was struck up, and Catarina swapped apartments with her son, meaning she now lived with Magnus and Chris and Madzie had their own apartment. But Madzie didn't like how everything matched in Catarina and Caroline's old apartment and for the last two days, Chris and his friends and family had been sprucing up the apartment. Without magic - per Madzie's request, who wanted to paint the living room walls a sparkly bronze. The little girl, however, did want her room to stay the exact same so magic was used for that and for Chris' bedroom and the kitchen stayed the same. But everything else changed.

"Well if she wants to change it so badly, where is she?" Chris sent his sister a look, trying not to drop the paintbrush in his hands. He was adding the finishing touches to the edges of the bronze paint, and had found it to be quite therapeutic. The whole apartment was furnished and dazzling and everything, but he wanted it to be perfect for his daughter, so he wouldn't leave one single bit of wall bare of bronze in the living room.

"She's at school, because it's noon, and she goes to school, like a normal child." Carie grumbled and Chris rolled his eyes, turning away from his sister. "Why are you here anyway? I sent all your stuff over to Zach's." Carrie shrugged. She had her feet planted on the coffee table, and was playing with the ends of her bunches as well as reading her magazine.

"Well, I didn't want to walk all the over way over there, and I was gonna ask you something."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Why did I find this in some Seelie's newspaper in the Hunter's Moon?" she asked, holding up a torn out ad from said newspaper. There was a special Downworld/Shadow World newspaper called the 'Idris Scope' which got served worldwide for all Downworlders and Shadowhunters all over the globe. Chris smiled when he saw the ad. His ad.