↣ Chapter Sixteen ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

M A D Z I E ' S 

D A D D Y 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

The kitchen had never been messier. There were chocolate filled bowls, whisks and ingredients taking up all the space. Flour had been thrown everywhere, and there was cracked eggs on the floor. The laughing warlocks in the kitchen were covered in chocolate and raspberry sauce, and Madzie squealed as Chris' arms wrapped around her and he spun her around the messy kitchen.

"Daddy!" Chris dropped her back onto the kitchen island, the flour on it dusting up around them and causing them both to caught. It had taken Madzie a total of three days to start calling Chris her dad, because she had never had a father figure before him and she had jumped at the chance to finally have a dad.

"Will Alec like the brownies?" Madzie asked, looking over at the chocolate and raspberry brownies that were baking in the oven.

"Who wouldn't?" he laughed, grabbing the bowl of melted chocolate they didn't use and two spoons for them both to eat it.

"Uncle Zach, he's allergic to chocolate because he's a werewolf!" Chris nodded, humming in agreement as he spooned a large dollop of chocolate and ate it. Madzie copied his actions, before dipping her finger into the melted chocolate and wiping it on Chris' nose. Chris' mouth fell open in shock as she giggled, dropping her head so as not to see her dad.

"You did not just do that!" she giggled even louder, and he grabbed her again, tickling her. She thrashed, laughing loudly, and Chris found himself laughing too as she slapped him to get him to stop.

"Daddy stop!" Chris shook his head, until finally she forced him back with her magic. He fell into the fridge, causing a loud bang and the two shared wide-eyed looks as they heard Magnus shout on them to behave themselves. They giggled quietly, hearing Magnus' quick footsteps. They both looked around the messy kitchen, knowing that Magnus would not be happy if he saw the mess that they had created in the two hours since they had been back from the cinema. They had went to go see the sing along version of The Little Mermaid, and Madzie had loved it. Her nana had never had time to take her to the cinema or make brownies because of her work.

"What have you two done?" Chris and Madzie both blushed bright red as they tried to look innocent.

"Nothing," sang Chris, sharing a look with his adopted daughter. Madzie grinned angelically as she held the bowl of chocolate out to Magnus in offering. Magnus eyed it suspiciously before taking it off her and dipping his finger into it. He hummed when he licked it off his finger and handed it back to her.