Chapter~18

This was it...

The prophecy that had been predicted all those centuries ago is so close to being fulfilled.

Louis could feel the anxiety building up within him, so he takes a deep breath and slowly breathes it out before nodding at his friends, signalling them to advance forward.

Niall transports himself right in front of Simon, flipping him off when the warlock sees him and dodges the attacks thrown at his way.

"Try and get me!"

Dodge.

"Hah too slow!"

Dodge.

"That all you got?"

Liam chuckles at his boyfriend, running full speed to the warlock's right and leaping high on his two feet, shifting midair and landing on four furry big paws.

Harry conjures up a long, durable rope and throws the other end to Liam, making sure his werewolf friend catches it in his mouth before levitating himself off of the ground.

"Let's restrain him, Li."

Both witch and werewolf run around the angered warlock who is still being pestered by the Irish ghost boy, easily tying him up with the rope.

"You can't possibly think you've stopped me already, heroes." Simon snickers.

Niall arches a brow at him, "we've taken down all your minions, an-"

"All of them? I think you're mistaken, lad. I have one more ally on my side."

There's a beat of silence before a loud roar erupts from the forest.

The chosen ones and their friends gape at the huge, black, scaly creature emerging from the trees.

"Is that a-...?" Katy trails off, gulping nervously.

"That is definitely a dragon." Leigh Anne confirms, eyes not moving away from the beast.

While everyone was transfixed by the huffing dragon, Simon takes his opportunity to get his hands free from the rope and uses it to tie up Liam using his magic.

The werewolf's growls snaps Niall and Harry out of their shocked trance from seeing the dragon and they immediately go to their friend's aid.

Louis glances towards Ed, pointing to their blonde witch friend right beside him, asking if she's okay. The ginger haired warlock gives him a thumbs up, assuring him that she's able to join them in battle once again.

"May I introduce to you my last minute reptilian recruit, Gigi."

"Last minute?!" Leigh Anne squeaks out.

"Shouldn't we have one, too?!" Niall exclaims, "not fair! Very not fair!"

Harry finishes untying Liam and joins him in glaring at Simon.

"Life's never fair, lad. Gigi, attack!"

The chosen ones are torn between helping their friends or going after the evil warlock who's continuing to head deeper into the city, causing more mayhem.

"Our friends can't hold off the dragon by themselves, it seems to be deflecting Ed and the girls' every attacks." Louis appears next to them, sword still in hand.

"We need help." Niall breathes out helplessly.

Louis loosens his grip on the sword slightly, eyes down cast, "where can we find help at this point in the battle?"