Chapter~3 (Louis)

Vampires

Creatures of the night who will no doubt suck all the blood out of your system till their satisfied from their thirst.

That is what Louis is.

The poor lad never expected to be turned into a creature of the dark. He had just finished hunting food for him and his family, since he was eighteen and the eldest, his parents had assigned him to be the provider of food in the family. Of course, Louis agreed, he'd do anything for his beloved parents and siblings.

Just as he was walking back from a good night of hunting, a dead turkey in his grip, he was halted to a stop by a figure standing before him.

"Who are you?" The eighteen year old asked, his hands trembling in fear. The figure didn't respond, instead it walked closer and closer until he was just inches away from the boy.

Louis wanted to scream and run off, but he couldn't, he was frozen in shock. He dropped the dead animal he was holding, taking a step back, away from the figure. Yet he didn't get a chance to take another step when the figure gripped Louis' collar, bringing him closer to him, and all of a sudden, sank his fangs in the boy's neck.

A loud, pained scream left Louis' mouth, then his vision became blurry but he could still feel a burning sensation coursing through his vains.

When Louis woke up, he had the sudden urge to kill. He shrugged it off, and started to make his way back home. His throat felt dry as the desert, he desperately needed liquid to sooth his thirst.

As the boy walked into the cottage him and his whole family lived in, he could sense where all his family members were. Weird.

Footsteps came rushing to the door, and Louis' younger sister, Charlotte, appeared.

"Louis! Mum and Dad were so worried bout you when you didn't come home last night!" She tackled her big brother in a hug, glad that he wasn't eaten alive by a wild animal or something.

Louis didn't hug back, just inhaled the scent of his sister. Or more likely, his sister's blood. Everything seemed to go in slow motion because one minute Louis had gripped Charlotte by her shoulders, then without his own consent, he went for her neck, fangs breaking through her skin.

Charlotte screamed loudly, probably waking up the whole family who were still fast asleep due to it being early morning. She could feel herself becoming weaker and weaker till her brother drained the very last drop of blood from her, and she fell to the floor with a thud.

Lottie?

What had he done...he just lost control over his own mind and body, then he finds himself dropping his sister's lifeless body.

More footsteps came, and that amazing scent reached Louis' nose. His mother and father stared at their daughter's corpse, then to their son who's eyes were glowing a fiery red, fangs on display and he didn't look like their son at all.

"Louis, what did you do?"

Control it.

"Louis why is your sister on the floor?!"

Don't. Give in.

"Louis answer me!"

It all came as a blur for Louis. The bloodcurdling screams, the dead bodies of his family lay lifeless in front of him. Leaving him in tears as he couldn't ever imagine himself doing this. But he did.

Why didn't that blood sucker kill him when he had the chance? Not turn him into one of their own because now, he had no family, no home, and he is now a creature of the dark that feeds off of blood.

Five years had passed since that horrible incident. His blood thirst already in control as he only drank the blood of animals. He had no place to live, so he mostly stayed on tree tops, not bothered by the lack of sleep because his kind didn't need to.

On a special night where the moon shone brighter than ever, he realized it was July 23rd, his birthday. The feathery haired lad was now 23 years old.

Louis stared at the moon, being mesmerized at how big and bright it was, when all of a sudden, four shadow figures appeared, and faded away just like that. Was that some kind of warning? A sign? Louis wasn't sure, but he was certain one of those shadow figures resembled him. So maybe something big was about to happen that involved him.

Whatever it may be, he'll be ready.