And it hurt more than he ever imagined it would

A/N

Hello lovilies. I have updated. Sorry it's been a few days. Anyway...It's kind of short but it's kind of dramatic...so enjoy!

Jade felt a wave of nausea wash over her. The silence at the table proved she wasn't the only one who didn't see that coming.

"Umm, so nice to meet you...Jane was it?" Calum asked extending his hand.

"Yes, nice to meet you too...Calum right?"

"Yeah.." Calum smiled tossing a glance at Ashton.

"Oh, right, this is Calum, Luke, Clarissa, Michael, and Jade." Ashton introduced everyone at the table saving Jade for last.

"It's so nice to meet all of you. I've heard so much about you guys." Jane smiled.

"I wish we could say the same but Ashton's not said much about you." Jade said forcing a smile while tossing a confused glare at Ashton.

"I mentioned her to everyone else." Ashton responded in a snide tone. Jade felt like she'd been slapped in the face.

"It's nice to meet you again." Michael spoke up quickly.

"How long have you two been together?" Clarissa asked knowing Jade was wondering.

"Only started dating today actually." Jane smiled shyly. Ashton put his arm around her giving her a large dimpled smile. Jade felt like crying. It was one thing to have Ashton hate her but to see him with another girl hurt. It cut deeper than any remark he'd ever made.

"Well have a seat." Luke smiled pointing to an empty chair. Jane and Ashton took a seat.

"So tell us about yourself Jade. errr, I mean Jane." Calum corrected himself. Tossing a nervous glance at Jade. She was giving him a look that could kill.

"I'm sure it's confusing for you to call me Jane since it's so similar to Jade's name so you can call me AJ or Alexa." Jane offered giving Jade an apologetic look.

"AJ?" Jade asked confused.

"Yeah, my initials. Alexa Jane." Jane explained.

"Oh, that's just funny, I have the same initials." Jade gave a forced smile. The irony made her sick. She was a shorter brunette with blue eyes. Her name was almost identical to Jade and yet Ashton had to like Jane instead of her.

"Really?" Jane asked intrigued.