28 | blacklisted, pt. 2

Start from the beginning

     He lets me. He's looking at me as I do it.

     My eyes drift away like there's a current, and I'm forced to follow the waves. It lands on one particular couple. His hand is around her thin waist; her arms tucked firmly on his chest. Their foreheads touch, then their lips. They look pretty good together. Long golden hair and curly dark hair — wait. Justine and Trey. That's them.

     The List comes to my mind, out of all things when my lungs are filled with booze.

     I don't think Trey even notices that he's doing it. I giggle.

     Jude raises his brows at me.

    "Show me off," I tell him, grinning.

     His eyes take a long look at my body, in his clothes, then back to my face and lips and eyes. His hold tightens around me, and his breath tickles my ear as he leans in and whispers, "Not good at sharing."

     Good. I don't want you to.

     Wait, what?

     Boooze, Addie 2.0 reasons.

     Oh. Right.

    "Boooze," I say.

     Jude's mouth lifts up. "You're fucking adorable when you're wasted."

     I move closer to him, or he moves closer to me. Honestly, it's hard to tell. There is no "close" anymore; we just are. His body pressed up against mine. His lashes faintly, oh so faintly, brushing my cheek. His lips mere inches from my jaw. The song fades away, and all I hear is the thump, thump, thump of his heartbeat, like a rhythm so mesmerising.

    "Did you really do it?" he breathes in my ear.

     My mind is in a daze. "Do what?"

    "Kiss Vic."

     Our breaths mingle and I look up, seeing the green constellations in his eyes. His taut jawline, the faint scruff underlining his chin. "No," I say softly. He searches my face, flickering over the features like he's putting them into memory. He inhales deeply.

    "Fucking A."

     Then I feel his lips on my neck.

     For a moment, I'm flying. I'm dizzy with the feeling. The softness of his mouth, the warmness that spreads over my body, the electricity of our skins touching. The consciousness that tells me more.

     My eyes flutter close.

     He continues to pepper me with butterfly kisses, from the slope of my neck to the side of my jawline, then one on my cheek, lingering, addicting. When I open my eyes, heavy-lidded, his mouth only hovers above mine, and I sense his hesitation.