Chapter 2

Any hope on getting over Blake was gone. We got a few stares, and I went to sit on the swings. " Um how about we play would you rather?" Emma quickly changed the subject. Everyone agreed, except me. I was terrified of this game, sure it was harmless, but the questions could trigger something. Emerson went first, " Do me." He said expectantly. Drake thought hard and finally spoke. " Would you rather get your girlfriend pregnant at 15, or never get to have kids. Pointless question. Blake started to laugh, " What girlfriend?" He joked. Acknowledging that Emerson, currently, did not have a girlfriend. Emerson punched him hard on the arm. Casey, and Emma started to laugh. " At least I didn't take mine for granted like you did." Heads turned towards me. I was obviously the girl he took for granted. " Vicki," Emerson said my name, making me flinch. " Would you rather hate the one who loves you, or be hated by the one you love." Most people need time to think about this, but I don't. I dropped my head a little. Like I said, it triggered something. " Be hated by the one I love." I said. I received even more stares. Obviously they would've chosen the other. " I think I better go." Emma says, dragging me with her. " You OK?" She asks me. " Yeah, I'm good." I reply half-heartedly.  We got into her car, and rolled down the street.