Chapter Fourteen ~

*Asa's POV*

She pulled away and I didn't want her to, but her kiss lingered on.

"I love you." I said. "I love you. I love you. I love you. I can finally say it."

She just giggled and stood up, myself following, and gave me the best hug I've ever had. Then she told me that she felt the same, ever so quietly in my ear. And when she did so, it felt like my whole being was bursting at the seams with happiness. I didn't know I was even capable of feeling this way.

Then after what seemed like only mere seconds but was probably a couple minutes. She pulled away again. We just looked at each other and it took every restraint that my body contained to not almost pounce on her again. Even though it was the early hours of the morning she still looked so pretty and I just wanted to take her and tell all the world that she was mine. At long last.

I couldn't take it anymore and I shamelessly took her in for another hug. But this one much shorter.

"Well, this has been really fun but it's probably time we get back to bed." she said as we separated.

"Alright, let's get you back in bed." I said.

"No, no, no. It's my turn to tuck you in." She said with a smile that practically made my heart melt. I couldn't speak so I just nodded and and we went along to my room.

Once we got to my room, I sat on my bed.

"Well, lay down, silly!" She said laughing a bit. I just chuckled and put my hands up in surrender. I laid down and she pulled up the blankets so I was fully covered. I put my hand out and she held it as she just stood there.

"Goodnight." She said.

"Goodnight."

"I love you." She said. And when she said that I used the hand I was holding and pulled her right in my bed. "Asaaaaaaaaa, why'd you do that?"

"Because I want you stay." I said.

"But, but what if we get caught? Our parents are-"

"-Not getting back 'til later." I said, finishing her sentence.

She sighed.

"Fine, but I'm not falling asleep. Lord knows what my mom would do if she saw us in here."

"Okay, yeah, you're probably right. But for now, as long as we're awake, we have all the time in the world." I put my arm around her and she nuzzled into my chest. It's hard not to believe that what is happening right now is everything I have ever wanted- everything I secretly dreamed about when I thought about her and if she'd ever come back and everything I could have hoped for for this visit.

As we lay together I begin to calculate how many days we have left together. Although it feels as if it's only been a week or so it's actually been a month and a half. Leaving us about half way through our summer together. I look down at her and see that she is asleep. 'Wow, asleep already?' I think but when I look at the clock it reads 4:00 am- we've been here for about an hour. I shut my eyes and begin to drift off when I hear the front door open and close. I am immediately awake and when I look at the clock it is 7:00. I quickly jump up which causes her to wake with a fright.

"What's happening?" She says startled.

"Our moms are home!" I say.

"What? Already?"

"Yeah we fell asleep!"

"Oh no, oh no, oh no oh no oh no..." She grabs her sweatshirt that she took off in the night, gave me a worried but comical look, then left. I stood up and watched as she scurried into her room and quietly shut the door not three seconds before her mom came up the stairs. She saw me and smiled. Then informed me that my mother was home as well. I thanked her and headed down stairs.

"Hey, Asa!" My mom says as she pulls out a pan and begins to make eggs. "How was it?"

"How was what?" I ask.

"Uh, being here all alone for a day or so!"

"Mom", I say with a chuckle, "this isn't the first time I've ever stayed home alone. And Lizzie was here, too."

"Oh, yeah, how was that? Are you two beginning to warm up to each other?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." I smile.

She whisks around. "What does that mean? Did you guys... you know." She says looking very concerned.

"What?! No, mom! What the hell! Why would you even ask me that?"

"Oh, Asa settle down. I was just kidding. Jeez, defensive much?"

I laugh awkwardly and tell her that I was going to go get Lizzie. I head upstairs and decide that I am going to go to my room and put on some actual pants when I feel myself being pulled into her room.

"Woah, what the heck?" I say, laughing."

"What? Oh, sorry." she says as she begins to laugh as well. "Hey are we all clear?"

"Yeah, we're good. My mom is making eggs." I say. She nods and grabs my hand. I look into her eyes and she just nods her head again. I smile and tell her that I love her... and she says it back.

A/N

Hey guys! Wow, it's been a long time. I'm sorry that I haven't been updating but I promise to do it more frequently now. I hope everyone is doing well and I'll see you guys next time. Stay tuned!

Finn xx.