Chapter Seven ~

*Asa's POV*

Here we go.

*knock knock knock*

"Come in, mum"

Whoops, she thinks it's her mom. Oh well. I walked through the door cautiously. I stood there for a moment because Lizzie was reading a book and hadn't looked up.

"Hey." I said softly. She looked up abruptly not expecting me to be standing there.

"Um, hey?" she said with a hint of confusion in her voice.

"Look, can we, um, talk... please"

"Sure, I mean, I guess." she put her book down and motioned for me to sit at the end of her bed as she scooted up to the top half of the bed. She nodded her head for approval and I was off. I told her everything - about how I was heartbroken when she left. About how I was made fun of for still sitting at OUR edge of the table, alone. About how everyone basically forced me to get over her.  I told her everything, except the stuff I planned. And then I practically had to restrain myself from telling her I have feelings for her, which was possibly the hardest and most frustrating thing I have done in a while. But I couldn't lay that on her now. I guess we need to be friends again before I can make some kind of move.

Now she's staring at me with those bright blue eyes. We are just sitting in silence. Most of the time I wouldn't have a problem with our staring contests but I really want her response.

"Look, Asa, I had some troubles with losing my best friend too. When we, um, moved to America, I didn't know anyone. On my first day, I came and I had the British accent and everyone made a joke about it. So I faked an American accent until it became natural, which is why I have one now. Some people still to this day think I was faking the British accent. But anyway, why did you finally decide to come talk to me?"

"Well, I- I felt bad that you, um, were all alone."

"Oh, well that's, um, really nice." she said. Then there was a long awkward pause until I spoke up again.

"Uh, yeah and I was wondering if tomorrow morning you wanted to go get breakfast with me and then maybe sight-seeing?"

"Um, sure, I would like that. What time should I be ready?"

"Uh, how about ten?"

"That sounds great. What should I wear?"

"Probably just jeans and a T-shirt, I guess"

"Okay, I'll be ready. Hey do you know when-"

"DINNER'S READY. LIZZIE, ASA DINNER'S READY!"

"-dinner's ready" She says with a chuckle because she got cut off by my mum.

"Yeah, c'mon. Let's go eat." I say ecstatic for tomorrow.

*the next day*

*Lizzie's POV*

I woke up the next morning by the annoying alarm sound coming from my radio at about 7:30. I quickly got out of bed, put my crazy hair in a messy bun, and headed downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and I could already smell eggs and toast.

"Good morning Mrs Butterfield, morning mum!" I said kind of perky.

"Oooo, what's got you all excited today?" my mother asked. And for real, I didn't actually know why I was so excited. It's probably because I've been stuck in my room for a couple days and it's gonna be nice going outside for a change. At least, I'm pretty sure that's why I'm excited.

I scarfed down my eggs and ran back upstairs to get ready. I grabbed two blue towels and an outfit and scurried into the shower, being sure to flip the sign on the door. I took a quick shower but still made time to sing a couple tunes which were probably quite loud but I don't care. And then I put my hair up in a towel to dry. I then applied light makeup, took my hair down to let it dry and curl naturally, and put on my outfit. I decided to wear skinny jeans, a nice white sweater, and some light blue vans for an outfit considering it was going to be a bit chilly. I finished up in the bathroom and went go open the door when I saw a sleepy Asa sitting on the floor.

"What took you so long?" he said standing up.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know you were waiting."

"I banged on the door several times" he said with a chuckle.

"Ohhh, yeah, I had ear buds in so I didn't hear you." I said awkwardly.

"Hehe. Hey, nice singing by the way" he said laughing, brushing past me to get in the bathroom, and then shutting the door. I awkwardly laughed at myself and walked back to my bedroom knowing that I was blushing. You know, I think today's gonna be a good day.