Chapter Thirteen~

*Lizzie's POV*

When I got home, I immediately shouted for my mother but remembered that there was no one home. I went upstairs to my room but once I got up there, I heard the front door open and shut- making my blood boil again. Asa was home and I was ready to let him have it. I ran down stairs and met him around the corner, actually bumping into him pretty hard. I stumbled back and saw the tears in his eyes, but I was still furious.

"ASA BUTTERFIELD, WHAT THE HELL?!" I screamed at him.

"Look, Lizzie. I'm s-"

"NO, NO YOU'RE NOT. OR ELSE YOU WOULD'VE THOUGHT TWICE BEFORE COMPLETELY RUINING MY DATE!"

"WELL, I'M SORRY 'MISS I GET A DATE, LIKE, 0.2 SECONDS AFTER I GET HERE." He said, spitting venom.

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE?" I asked, curious.

"BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU LIKED ME!"

"I DO LIKE YOU, ASA, BUT I LIKE TOBIAS TOO!"

"THEN-then you're just a- just a slut." He said, adverting his eyes from mine, as appose to the rest of this encounter where we were pretty much screaming in each other's faces. But, by then his hurtful words kicked in and tears began to form and fall from my eyes yet again.

"Asa, you're just a selfish asshole." I said quietly before pushing past him and running upstairs, only to slam my door so hard that the whole neighborhood could probably hear it.

Not too long afterwards, I heard his footsteps walking in the hallway. It almost seemed as if they were going to stop in front of my door, but they didn't. They kept on moving until I heard his door shut loudly as well. And not too long afterwards, I heard him pacing in his room.

I took a deep breath and saw that it was already 10 o'clock. I decided I should probably go to bed. I threw my hair up in a messy bun, changed into my pajamas, and went to sleep.

* Then it all started happening again. I was in the mall with Tobias, but this time, he didn't "go to the bathroom" he stayed.

Asa came running out of nowhere. Just like when it happened. He began to approach Tobias on why he was there. It turned into a heated verbal fight. They were both screaming at each other as I stood behind Asa and everyone else either stared or high-tailed it out of there.

Then Tobias went in for the punch. Asa ducked and the fist came right on my left cheek. I didn't fall to the floor but I definitely stumbled back. Tears welled in my eyes as I just stared at them. Then Asa spoke.

"Ya know, she's the one that's doing this to us."

Tobias looked at him and then replied. "Yeah, it really is all her fault. Lets get her."

They started closing in me as I backed into a corner.

"Here, I'll hold her and you hit her, okay?" Tobias said.

"Okay." Asa said. He made a fist and pulled back. I was screaming for help but no one came. I was also begging Asa to stop, yelling his name everytime he hit me. Then in mid scream, he punched me in the stomach. They left me laying there, beaten. Then I heard someone call my name. It was quite odd, though, because no one was in the mall anymore. So I just curled up and cried as I heard the voice yelling my name. *

I opened my eyes and I saw Asa hanging over me yelling my name. Once I saw him I instantly sat up to the top of the bed and tried to get as far as possible.

"Oh, thank God, I heard you screaming my name and I woke up. Looks like you were having a pretty bad nightmare." he said. I looked at the clock and it was 2:30 in the morning.

"Yeah I guess. Sorry I- wait. You woke up in the middle of the night for a slut?"

"Oh, God, Lizzie. I am so sorry about that. I didn't mean it I- I just I was angry that you chose Tobias over me." He said looking down, then right in my eyes. I thought for a long while, then I looked back to him.

"I'm sorry, too. I don't know why I called you an asshole. And I'm sorry I left you at the mall. I know you were just looking out for me."

"I was, because Lizzie I... I, um..." And in that moment I don't know what I was thinking. I was just watching him. And he looked so sweet and I could tell he felt bad. I was watching him stutter and he just looked so cute. "I... think I love you, Lizzie."

I stared at him in shock and also with relief because my biggest fear was that he didn't feel the same. We stared for so long and then I leaned in.

I kissed him. We are kissing.

He was surprised at first, but now he's kissing back and how wonderful it is is indescribable.

After a few more seconds, I pulled away. He had a big smile on his face. "I love you." he said. "I love you, I love you, I love you! I can finally say it!" he said standing up.

I stood up and gave him a hug. "I love you too, Asa."

He smiled. I love him and he loves me. How lovely.