Chapter Fifteen ~

*Asa's POV*

In the days since the incident at the mall, I haven't spoken to Tobias. He's called me, but I haven't answered. Don't know if there's anything that I have to say to him. He knew that I was in love with her. He knew when he first met her at the park, and he still proceeded to not only exchange numbers with her, but ask her on a date as well. I can't help but look at the calendar and notice that we only have less than a month left together until she returns back to America and that we could have had more time together if it weren't for Tobias's interference.

Up until now, I haven't really thought about what it will be like when she has to leave. Is it going to sting just as bad or will it turn out to be less painful this time around because I've known that this had to end at some point. Either way, I've been dreading the day when she has to leave. I wonder if we'll stay in touch. If we'll...stay together. Trust me, ever since she has arrived, we've had countless deep and meaningful conversations, but if there's one thing I haven't asked it's if she has anyone waiting for her back home. You know, like someone she's been talking to or someone she's always had a thing for because as much as I'd like to think that we will text, call, and Skype each other all the time and make this relationship last, I won't be able to be there physically for her like another guy will be able to do. I won't be able to hug her when she's upset or go on even the simplest of dates with her such as a movie or just hanging out. I won't be able to accompany her to school dances or take her out to a nice dinner or sit with her on the ferris wheel at her local festival. Another guy could. I shake the idea of losing her to someone else out of my head, get out of bed, walk across the hallway to her room. Might as well make the most of every day we have together.

*Lizzie's POV*

I was just laying awake in bed when I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." I say somewhat quietly. I sit up in bed and see a sleepy, fluffy Asa walk in.

"Hey." He says with a grin.

"Hey, Ace." I say, calling him the nickname I gave him when we were kids.

"Aw, Lizard, are we really going back to that?" I cringe hearing him call me Lizard. I've hated that nickname from the first time Asa called me it on the first day we actually met. Although our moms have been friends since high school they hadn't introduced us before we met in preschool. Our teacher was telling us who would sit at which table. Each table sat 4 kids and they were named after colors. We both waited for the teacher to call us and assign us to a table, but she didn't until the end. There were 16 seats but only 14 students and Asa and I were the only two that sat at the blue table. Our teacher introduced us and when she told little 3 year old Asa that my name was Lizzie, he thought then (and still to this day, might I add) that it was hilarious to call me Lizard. I glared at him for calling me that today and then he continued. "So I was thinking... that maybe we could go on our first official dinner date as a couple tonight? I hope you say yes because I reserved us a table for two at The Sketch. It's a, uh, really nice place to go for dinner and, um, I think we have to wear nice clothes and, umm..." His voice faded out as he looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Of course I want to go, Asa! That sounds amazing! But I don't have anything to wear! I'll have to go for a spot of shopping today." I say. He lets out a big sigh of relief and smiles.

"I thought you didn't want to go for a second." He said.

"Well, you're wrong. Thank you for reserving the place. Oh, and what time is our reservation?"

"I got it for 6:30? Is that alright?"

"Yes, that's perfect." I say, glancing at the clock that reads 11:00 am. "Oh, wow. Didn't know I slept so long. I should probably get showered so I can go shopping for a dress!" I say, excited.