{Requested} Be Together- Daniels x Pierson (pt. 1)

Daniels didn't understand what drove him back to the military base where he was trained to serve. Was it his unhappily ever after ending with Hazel? Was it the memories that constantly reminded him of the war? Most of friends that was in the war with him returned home. But what was he doing here? As he was wandering around the area where civilians are allowed to be, he found a photograph of First Platoon. Stiles took the photo after Liberation. Daniels's eyes wandered to Turner and he gave a sad smile. He knew he could have saved him... but there wasn't the time. His eyes scanned on the colourless faces. Ah, Zussman. Despite the torture he suffered, he managed to stay happy. And then his eyes landed on Pierson.

"Well, well, if it isn't Corporal Daniels coming back for more action." A side smile grew on Daniels's face. He turned to the voice and found Pierson with a hint of a smile with his hands folded behind his back.

An unexpected chuckle escaped Daniels's mouth. "Yeah, not really."

"So what are you doing here?" Pierson pressed on. "You're far from Texas and your girl." Something in Daniels face made Pierson drop the shy smile on his face. "She left you, didn't she?"

Daniels looked to the ground and found the floor suddenly interesting. He nodded at Pierson's question. "I don't even know why I'm here, just an instinct after she left me. I have no where to go."

"I think it's your lucky day." Daniels looked up to Pierson with questioning eyes. "I'm off duty pretty soon, if you'd like a place to stay, any man from the First Platoon is welcomed into my home."

Daniels was shocked. Since when did Pierson have a heart? If Zussman came to Pierson's knocking at his door like a mad man, would Pierson even answer?

"Thank you, Sergeant. I appreciate it."

-<<•>>-

Daniels wasn't too sure what to expect from Pierson's home when he walked through the door. Surprisingly, it literally screamed William Pierson. Photographs of First Platoon and other men Daniels didn't know hung around the living room. But other than the war things that Pierson loved so much, Daniels saw a side of him he never knew existed. Apparently, Pierson loves fishing. There's a picture where he's holding a good looking fish that was at least the length of a sniper. Also, there was a family photograph.

'It's crazy how pictures can describe you.' Daniels thought to himself.

"I'll show you to your room." Pierson said, walking into the house with Daniels' bags. William insisted on carrying his things. Back during the war, Pierson would have punched you in the face if you didn't do your job. It's insane how a war can change an individual. Under all that toughness and rudeness, Pierson was actually a teddy bear.

Daniels followed Pierson in the one-story house. It was plain and clearly missing a woman's charm, but it still had it's character. Down the hall, there was a door. Pierson opened it and introduced the new room. It had a bed, a night desk with a lamp on it, a drawer and a closet. Pretty simple but it's something that Daniels expected. Pierson laid his bags on the bed.

"So I'll give you a small tour." He spoke up.

In the hallway, there were two doors on both walls. One that was the bathroom and the other's was Pierson's. His room wasn't far from Daniels. And then there was the kitchen and attached to the kitchen was the living room. They finished the tour in the kitchen and there was an awkward silence that hung in the air. The clock from the kitchen was ticking and they probably heard a fly buzzing somewhere in the distance.

"You're welcomed here as long as you like, Daniels." Pierson finally spoke up.

"Thank you, Sarge." The blond man spoke up.

"So," Pierson clapped, "what do you want for supper?" Daniels shrugged at the question. "Burgers, maybe?"

He nodded at the suggestion. "Sounds good to me."

-<<•>>-

Daniels couldn't sleep that night. He had the covers pulled up to his bare chest and his eyes were starring up at the ceiling. Daniels had trouble sleeping ever since he came back from the war. His dreams mostly came back to Turner. Daniels felt so helpless and powerless back when he died.

Down the hall, Daniels heard a shout. He quickly sat up in bed and then he heard another shout, although this one sounded more painful. He knew it was coming from Pierson's room and he knew damn well this one had nightmares too. Daniels didn't want to invade Pierson's personal space but it sounded like he could use the comfort. Biting his lip, Daniels peeled the covers off of his body and got out of bed. He carefully placed his feet on the creaking floorboards. He stopped in front of Pierson's door and placed his ear on it. On the other side, Daniels could hear Pierson sob. It was probably the most saddest sound he ever heard. The corporal hopped that his reckless action wouldn't cost his new home yet he hesitantly knocked on the door. Daniels waited patiently and on edge until he heard Pierson's voice.

"Sarge, everything all right?" Daniels asked once he was inside Pierson's room.

Pierson sat on the edge of his bed, panting and his bare chest was covered in sweat along with his arms and shoulder and other bare skin. Daniels noticed how his dog tags glistened in the moon light.

"Did I wake you?" Pierson ignored Daniels question. In fact, during the war, Pierson would have yelled at you for simply walking past him. It's insane how a war can change you.

"I was already awake." Daniels answered.

Pierson didn't look up at the blond before him. He was ashamed. Ashamed of his past back at Kasserine. Ashamed of his dysfunctional behaviour in the past.

"I'm trying to be a good person." Pierson said randomly. "I really am. But it seems like the past has a way to bite me straight in the ass."

Daniels walked over to his sergeant and crouched at his height. "You know, I am trying to be a good person too." Pierson looked up at the blue eyed man before him, as if not believing Daniels's words. "All of those lives I took... I know, we were fighting the bad guys but... some of them were okay. Some of them didn't deserve their death. They had a future and I took that away from them. I scared Hazel away with that crazy talk and now look where I am."

"What you trying to say, Corporal? You don't like it here?" Pierson asked in a trying-to-make-a-joke voice yet he was curious to know what Daniels was trying to explain.

"They don't understand us. They don't know what damage even means. What I'm trying to say is that we should help each other. Frankly, as cheesy as it sounds, we need each other Pierson." The blond man explained.

Pierson gritted his teeth as he thought of an answer. It was true that Pierson needed some help and some sort of anchor. Now with Joseph gone... it was harder to cope.

"Yeah." Pierson whispered in response.

Daniels gave him that kind smile he always shared with Zussman. A smile he never truly showed Pierson. The brunet watched him stand up and head towards the door.

"Daniels." Pierson called out before Daniels left.

"Yeah?" He turned his head and his eyes met Pierson's.

Pierson sat up straighter, as if trying to sum up some courage. "Could you stay? With me, I mean."

Another smile flashed on Daniels's face. "Of course."